Chishill bounce back from cup exit
Cambridge University Press ‘A’ 2 Great Chishill 2
GREAT CHISHILL bounced back from last week’s cup disappointment by grinding out a win at Cambridge University Press. They started brightly and took an early lead when Lee Smith tore through the defence before cutting the ball back for Gareth Edey to slot home. But for the rest of the first half the visitors were on the back foot as Press rallied and equalised with an excellent solo goal.
Andy Knight kept the half time score level with an excellent fingertip save, but Press’ continued pressure carried on into the second half and they broke away again to take the lead.
It didn’t last long however, as shortly after Smith was fouled in the box and he converted the penalty himself to level the scores.
It was in the final 20 minutes that Chishill finally got their game together. Ali Porter hit the crossbar with an angled drive and Jonathan Drury headed a chance over from six yards. It was Smith who eventually grabbed a winner, smashing a shot into the roof of the net from Oli Gardiner’s throughball. Edey went close again in the closing minutes but Chishill were able to see out the game comfortably.
You may also want to watch:
Chishill: Knight, Hicks, Bennett, Saward, Gardiner, Porter, E Drury, Smith, Boulter, Edey, J Drury.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?