Chishill bounce back from cup exit
Cambridge University Press ‘A’ 2 Great Chishill 2
GREAT CHISHILL bounced back from last week’s cup disappointment by grinding out a win at Cambridge University Press. They started brightly and took an early lead when Lee Smith tore through the defence before cutting the ball back for Gareth Edey to slot home. But for the rest of the first half the visitors were on the back foot as Press rallied and equalised with an excellent solo goal.
Andy Knight kept the half time score level with an excellent fingertip save, but Press’ continued pressure carried on into the second half and they broke away again to take the lead.
It didn’t last long however, as shortly after Smith was fouled in the box and he converted the penalty himself to level the scores.
It was in the final 20 minutes that Chishill finally got their game together. Ali Porter hit the crossbar with an angled drive and Jonathan Drury headed a chance over from six yards. It was Smith who eventually grabbed a winner, smashing a shot into the roof of the net from Oli Gardiner’s throughball. Edey went close again in the closing minutes but Chishill were able to see out the game comfortably.
You may also want to watch:
Chishill: Knight, Hicks, Bennett, Saward, Gardiner, Porter, E Drury, Smith, Boulter, Edey, J Drury.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange