Chishill are drawn into dogfight
Mott McDonald 2 Great Chishill 0 GREAT Chishill slipped closer to the relegation battle on Saturday when they were beaten by fellow strugglers Mott McDonald. The visitors faced a strong wind in the first half, which the hosts used to great advantage, c
Mott McDonald 2 Great Chishill 0
GREAT Chishill slipped closer to the relegation battle on Saturday when they were beaten by fellow strugglers Mott McDonald.
The visitors faced a strong wind in the first half, which the hosts used to great advantage, creating several opportunities from long balls forward.
Chishill held firm for most of the half, and played some neat football with Jonathan Drury going closest when his strike rattled the McDonald woodwork.
You may also want to watch:
Steve McGee also tested the hosts' keeper at the near post.
However, it was Mott McDonald who opened the scoring with a brilliant 20-yard strike.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
With the wind behind them, Chishill hit back in the second half and went in search of an equaliser with the best of their chances falling for McGee, who saw his effort expertly turned away by the home keeper.
Chishill pushed men forward, and as result were punished with a swift break by Mott McDonald, who snatched a second late on with a fine diving header.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Saward, Lombari, Wiltshire; Butler, Bennett, E Drury, Fitzgerald; McGee, J Drury. (Sub): Hulks.