Chishill are drawn into dogfight
Mott McDonald 2 Great Chishill 0 GREAT Chishill slipped closer to the relegation battle on Saturday when they were beaten by fellow strugglers Mott McDonald. The visitors faced a strong wind in the first half, which the hosts used to great advantage, c
Mott McDonald 2 Great Chishill 0
GREAT Chishill slipped closer to the relegation battle on Saturday when they were beaten by fellow strugglers Mott McDonald.
The visitors faced a strong wind in the first half, which the hosts used to great advantage, creating several opportunities from long balls forward.
Chishill held firm for most of the half, and played some neat football with Jonathan Drury going closest when his strike rattled the McDonald woodwork.
You may also want to watch:
Steve McGee also tested the hosts' keeper at the near post.
However, it was Mott McDonald who opened the scoring with a brilliant 20-yard strike.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
With the wind behind them, Chishill hit back in the second half and went in search of an equaliser with the best of their chances falling for McGee, who saw his effort expertly turned away by the home keeper.
Chishill pushed men forward, and as result were punished with a swift break by Mott McDonald, who snatched a second late on with a fine diving header.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Saward, Lombari, Wiltshire; Butler, Bennett, E Drury, Fitzgerald; McGee, J Drury. (Sub): Hulks.