Chishil progress in Creake Shield
Great Chishill 4 Girton United 2
GREAT CHISHILL progressed to the next round of the Creake Shield after an entertaining game against Girton on Saturday.
The hosts bossed the first half and were two goals to the good at half time.
Gary Radford opened the scoring after Lee Smith’s effort had hit the post. Smith doubled the lead shortly afterwards when he took on four defenders before burying a shot in the top corner.
The visitors hit back in the second half with two quick goals. James Bennett was penalised for handball and although the spotkick was saved brilliantly by Andy Knight the rebound was quickly dispatched and the equaliser soon followed with a fine long-range strike.
You may also want to watch:
However, it was Chishill who found another gear and they retook the lead through Ali Porter who met a right-wing cross with a fine angled drive into the far corner. The win was sealed with 15 minutes remaining with another strike from Smith.
Great Chishill: Knight, Gardiner, Bennett, Saward, Bramwell, Tidey, Drury, Smith, Boulter, Porter, Radford. Sub not used: Hodge
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 5 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Young Crows net funding for club improvements