Chishil progress in Creake Shield
Great Chishill 4 Girton United 2
GREAT CHISHILL progressed to the next round of the Creake Shield after an entertaining game against Girton on Saturday.
The hosts bossed the first half and were two goals to the good at half time.
Gary Radford opened the scoring after Lee Smith’s effort had hit the post. Smith doubled the lead shortly afterwards when he took on four defenders before burying a shot in the top corner.
The visitors hit back in the second half with two quick goals. James Bennett was penalised for handball and although the spotkick was saved brilliantly by Andy Knight the rebound was quickly dispatched and the equaliser soon followed with a fine long-range strike.
You may also want to watch:
However, it was Chishill who found another gear and they retook the lead through Ali Porter who met a right-wing cross with a fine angled drive into the far corner. The win was sealed with 15 minutes remaining with another strike from Smith.
Great Chishill: Knight, Gardiner, Bennett, Saward, Bramwell, Tidey, Drury, Smith, Boulter, Porter, Radford. Sub not used: Hodge
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims