Cheetahs Yellows triumph at Bedford
Knebworth beat Brickhill on penalties in trophy final
Knebworth Youth U11 Cheetahs took two teams across to Bedfordshire to participate in the Bedford Park Rangers 11-a-side tournament.
The Blacks finished as runners-up in their group before taking on a very good Bedford Panthers team in the final of the shield event which they eventually lost 2-0.
The Yellows started slowly with just one point from their opening two games but then they suddenly woke up and won their final two group games against Oldhill Eagles and Bedford Panthers to progress into the final of the main trophy.
In the final they faced Brickhill Wanderers who had finished as runners-up in the Bedfordshire Football League Division One this season. In a tense game it was Knebworth who created the better openings but the teams could not be separated at the final whistle.
The game eventually went to a penalty shoot-out and Knebworth had goalkeeper Reece Whitby to thank for some great saves as they eventually triumphed 2-1 to lift the title.
The team has now won tournaments or cups at every age group from under-six through to under-11.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 10 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital