Cheetahs Yellows triumph at Bedford
Knebworth beat Brickhill on penalties in trophy final
Knebworth Youth U11 Cheetahs took two teams across to Bedfordshire to participate in the Bedford Park Rangers 11-a-side tournament.
The Blacks finished as runners-up in their group before taking on a very good Bedford Panthers team in the final of the shield event which they eventually lost 2-0.
The Yellows started slowly with just one point from their opening two games but then they suddenly woke up and won their final two group games against Oldhill Eagles and Bedford Panthers to progress into the final of the main trophy.
In the final they faced Brickhill Wanderers who had finished as runners-up in the Bedfordshire Football League Division One this season. In a tense game it was Knebworth who created the better openings but the teams could not be separated at the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
The game eventually went to a penalty shoot-out and Knebworth had goalkeeper Reece Whitby to thank for some great saves as they eventually triumphed 2-1 to lift the title.
The team has now won tournaments or cups at every age group from under-six through to under-11.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?