Cheetahs Yellows triumph at Bedford
Knebworth beat Brickhill on penalties in trophy final
Knebworth Youth U11 Cheetahs took two teams across to Bedfordshire to participate in the Bedford Park Rangers 11-a-side tournament.
The Blacks finished as runners-up in their group before taking on a very good Bedford Panthers team in the final of the shield event which they eventually lost 2-0.
The Yellows started slowly with just one point from their opening two games but then they suddenly woke up and won their final two group games against Oldhill Eagles and Bedford Panthers to progress into the final of the main trophy.
In the final they faced Brickhill Wanderers who had finished as runners-up in the Bedfordshire Football League Division One this season. In a tense game it was Knebworth who created the better openings but the teams could not be separated at the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
The game eventually went to a penalty shoot-out and Knebworth had goalkeeper Reece Whitby to thank for some great saves as they eventually triumphed 2-1 to lift the title.
The team has now won tournaments or cups at every age group from under-six through to under-11.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes