Cheetahs put seven past St Neots
Ewan Fewell grabs a hat-trick in terrific display
Under-11s Division One
Knebworth Youth Cheetahs bounced back well after two recent defeats with a classy performance against a St Neots Town Youth team that is still trying to find its feet in the Royston Crow Youth League Division One.
Ryan Manson got things going with a well-taken free kick from the edge of the box after a foul on Taylor Wilson which beat the visitor’s keeper.
Ewan Fewell made it 2-0 with a dazzling run which beat three defenders before he dispatched the ball in the net.
You may also want to watch:
Some great defensive work from a St Neots throw in the Knebworth half of the pitch saw Thomas Porter switch play to Jack Scott who played in Travis Hambleton and his cross was met by Taylor Wilson in front of goal for 3-0.
Fewell then went on another great run to make it 4-0 at the break.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
In the second half Wilson broke well to score a fifth goal before Fewell completed his hat-trick after good work from Robson Moss.
The move of the match saw Knebworth play some lovely one-touch football around the edge of the St Neots box to create some space before a cross from the right from Hambleton was met by Harry Isherwood’s head and it went narrowly wide of the goal for what would have been goal of the season so far.
Another great run from Scott, which started in his own half, saw him race clear of the last defender to slot home for 7-0.