Cheetahs put on five-star performance
Cheetahs move up to third with win over Pin Green
Pin Green Juniors 1 Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks 5
U11 Division Two
Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks cemented their place in the top half of the division with victory at Hormead last week and at the weekend tried to push on up the table.
On a pitch where water was being shoveled away before the game and heavy rain continued to fall, conditions was not conducive to flowing football and it was credit to both sides that they managed to play some good football.
You may also want to watch:
After a goalless first half, the home side took the lead before Mitchell Rogers emerged from the bench to equalise before a superb header from Matt Wren made it 2-1.
Wren then converted a Joshua Allen corner for 3-1 before a left-footed cross from Rogers found Archie Garrett sneaking in at the far post to score into an unguarded net.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
Allen then crowned a good performance by adding a fifth in front of goal for a deserved victory and another three points as Knebworth move up to third.