Cheetahs put on five-star performance
Cheetahs move up to third with win over Pin Green
Pin Green Juniors 1 Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks 5
U11 Division Two
Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks cemented their place in the top half of the division with victory at Hormead last week and at the weekend tried to push on up the table.
On a pitch where water was being shoveled away before the game and heavy rain continued to fall, conditions was not conducive to flowing football and it was credit to both sides that they managed to play some good football.
You may also want to watch:
After a goalless first half, the home side took the lead before Mitchell Rogers emerged from the bench to equalise before a superb header from Matt Wren made it 2-1.
Wren then converted a Joshua Allen corner for 3-1 before a left-footed cross from Rogers found Archie Garrett sneaking in at the far post to score into an unguarded net.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Allen then crowned a good performance by adding a fifth in front of goal for a deserved victory and another three points as Knebworth move up to third.