Cheetahs put four past Waltham Cross
Harknett scores a hat-trick in under-11s win
Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks 4 Waltham Cross Youth 1
Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks progressed into the next round of the Herts County Cup after a very good all-round team performance against Waltham Cross Youth on Sunday morning.
After a fairly uneventful opening 15 minutes the home side took control of the game and after a lovely Joshua Downes free-kick over the Waltham Cross Youth defence,
You may also want to watch:
Billy Flack controlled the ball well before scoring from close range to break the deadlock. The Cheetahs added a second before the break with a lovely solo run by Harry Harknett that carved open the Waltham Cross defence and he scored from inside the area to give the home side a cushion.
At the start of the second half Harknett then dispatched a great effort from the right hand side of the penalty area that gave the keeper no chance and the game was over as a contest when Mitchell Rogers fed Callum Cook, and his well-timed pass into the path of Harknett saw the latter race clear and complete his hat-trick and give Knebworth a four goal lead.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Waltham Cross did manage a consolation goal in time added on after Bradley Monroe had made a good initial save but the rebound was snapped up by a Waltham Cross attacker.
The Cheetahs will now face Cheshunt Youth in round two later this month.