Cheetahs put four past Waltham Cross
Harknett scores a hat-trick in under-11s win
Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks 4 Waltham Cross Youth 1
Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks progressed into the next round of the Herts County Cup after a very good all-round team performance against Waltham Cross Youth on Sunday morning.
After a fairly uneventful opening 15 minutes the home side took control of the game and after a lovely Joshua Downes free-kick over the Waltham Cross Youth defence,
Billy Flack controlled the ball well before scoring from close range to break the deadlock. The Cheetahs added a second before the break with a lovely solo run by Harry Harknett that carved open the Waltham Cross defence and he scored from inside the area to give the home side a cushion.
At the start of the second half Harknett then dispatched a great effort from the right hand side of the penalty area that gave the keeper no chance and the game was over as a contest when Mitchell Rogers fed Callum Cook, and his well-timed pass into the path of Harknett saw the latter race clear and complete his hat-trick and give Knebworth a four goal lead.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Waltham Cross did manage a consolation goal in time added on after Bradley Monroe had made a good initial save but the rebound was snapped up by a Waltham Cross attacker.
The Cheetahs will now face Cheshunt Youth in round two later this month.