Cheetahs Blacks lose out to Whitethorn
Under 10 League Trophy Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks 2 Whitethorn Wanderers Blacks 3 IN A good game of football, Knebworth Youth took on Whitethorn Wanderers in the League Trophy on a good surface and in beautiful sunshine. A battling first half perfor
Under 10 League Trophy
Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Blacks 2 Whitethorn Wanderers Blacks 3
IN A good game of football, Knebworth Youth took on Whitethorn Wanderers in the League Trophy on a good surface and in beautiful sunshine.
A battling first half performance saw the Knebworth team compete for every ball and some superb defending by Katie McLaughlin and Tommy Chaplin kept them in the game and restricted the visitors to very few shots on goal.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Harry Isherwood drove his team on with a superb midfield performance full of hard work, tough tackling and attacking thrust and the Cheetahs twice went close as crosses flashed across the front of the Wanderers goal with Archie Garrett twice being inches away from opening the scoring.
The first goal came when Isherwood won possession and fed Garrett out wide, and it was his cross that was converted by Joshua Allen for 1-0. Substitute Mitchell Rogers then got on the end of a superb through-ball from Isherwood to score a second as the home team led at the break.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Whitethorn however came out all guns blazing in the second half and got back on level terms with two quick goals and then scored a third to take the lead for the first time. Knebworth plugged away but could not find the equaliser that their play deserved and so they went out of the competition in disappointing circumstances despite a monumental effort.