Charlie Todd excels in six-and-under category
LAST Sunday saw the first race meeting to be held at the new track of the Codham Park BMX Club as they hosted the sixth round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Race Series. The event attracted almost 150 riders from across the region and the weather was dry b
LAST Sunday saw the first race meeting to be held at the new track of the Codham Park BMX Club as they hosted the sixth round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Race Series.
The event attracted almost 150 riders from across the region and the weather was dry but often overcast which made good conditions for the riders on the fast downhill track.
Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club had 18 riders competing with the club's only novice rider on the day, Darren Plumb, getting good experience as he took the win in the 15 plus class.
In the expert classes the six-years-and-under category saw Charlie Todd take first in the B final and in the seven year class the Rockets' Jack Todd took sixth in the A final, just a few inches behind Alfie Salmon who took fourth, and in the B final Louis Foreman took first place.
You may also want to watch:
In the eight year class Ted Dalleywater finished sixth in the A final and in the nine year class Ethan Vernon took a clear win with team mate Daniel Blanche taking a fine second in the class A final.
The 10 year class saw Aaron Dalleywater taking another win to stamp his dominance on the class and in the year 11 class Matthew Harris took fifth overall with James Handleigh taking second in the 13 year category.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
In the 14-year category Aston Blanche made the class A final and crossed the line in second whilst in the 15 year class Nathan Shipp took fifth ahead of Andrew Brooker who had progressed from the novice classes into the experts to take seventh overall.
Riding in the Masters class Darren Foreman took third in the B final for the second event running and in the largest class of the day, the 19 plus event, Ben Godfrey took fourth in the A final with team mate Billy Irwin taking third in the B final.
The clubs only Cruiser rider in the 30-39 class, Matt Salmon, went away with sixth place overall to end a hectic days racing.
The next event on the regional race calendar is the return leg of the EA v South Challenge at Hayes in early July where the Rockets will again be out in force to chase points for their ranking positions.
The club's own Summer Race Series is going well as part of its regular Tuesday night sessions at the club's track in Burns Road, Royston.
Full details of forthcoming club and regional events are published on the club web site
Or if you would like more information please call (01763) 260959.