Chappell century denies Foxton victory
Foxton 262-9 (48 overs) Nassington 192-8 (48 overs) Match drawn
FOXTON’S hopes of earning their first win this season were foiled by a stylish hundred from Nassington’s Harry Chappell.
Losing the toss and being invited to bat, a much-weakened Foxton put in a solid performance. Top-scorer was Peter Moor with 71 backed up by Tyler Deas 41, Jeffery Douglas with a patient 35, skipper Lawrence Farnum (25) and Max Bowen and Antonnel Atwell with 21 each, and they were more than happy to post 262-9 from their 48 overs.
Leg spinner and skipper Muhammad Haroon was the leading bowler for the visitors with 15-1-66-5.
The hosts opening attack was somewhat muted with injured fast bowler Douglas resorting to off-spin partnered by medium pacer Bowen. Nonetheless they had Nassington in deep trouble at 72-5 with three wickets for Bowen and two for Douglas. Unfortunately for Foxton, Chappell was compiling a magnificent hundred containing 18 4s and eventually finishing with 116*.
Foxton rang the bowling changes late on, and with four overs remaining a strike from Deas to remove Tom Norman raised their hopes to leave the visitors eight wickets down, but with stubborn resistance from the tail-enders along with Chappell they managed to hang on for the draw and Foxton went home with the consolation of 14 bonus points.
Next week Foxton are away to March while the second XI are at home to Milton.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 7 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products