Chappell century denies Foxton victory
Foxton 262-9 (48 overs) Nassington 192-8 (48 overs) Match drawn
FOXTON’S hopes of earning their first win this season were foiled by a stylish hundred from Nassington’s Harry Chappell.
Losing the toss and being invited to bat, a much-weakened Foxton put in a solid performance. Top-scorer was Peter Moor with 71 backed up by Tyler Deas 41, Jeffery Douglas with a patient 35, skipper Lawrence Farnum (25) and Max Bowen and Antonnel Atwell with 21 each, and they were more than happy to post 262-9 from their 48 overs.
Leg spinner and skipper Muhammad Haroon was the leading bowler for the visitors with 15-1-66-5.
The hosts opening attack was somewhat muted with injured fast bowler Douglas resorting to off-spin partnered by medium pacer Bowen. Nonetheless they had Nassington in deep trouble at 72-5 with three wickets for Bowen and two for Douglas. Unfortunately for Foxton, Chappell was compiling a magnificent hundred containing 18 4s and eventually finishing with 116*.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton rang the bowling changes late on, and with four overs remaining a strike from Deas to remove Tom Norman raised their hopes to leave the visitors eight wickets down, but with stubborn resistance from the tail-enders along with Chappell they managed to hang on for the draw and Foxton went home with the consolation of 14 bonus points.
Next week Foxton are away to March while the second XI are at home to Milton.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day