Champions Crusaders power on
THE under 10 Crusaders may have already won the Division B Championship, but they showed no sign of easing up with a 5-1 victory against Bishop Stortford Rangers. Josh Jones and Hayden Mabert scored two each, with Chris Birkett grabbing the other. Kier
THE under 10 Crusaders may have already won the Division B Championship, but they showed no sign of easing up with a 5-1 victory against Bishop Stortford Rangers.
Josh Jones and Hayden Mabert scored two each, with Chris Birkett grabbing the other.
Kier Boyd and Nick Allin also scored a brace in the under 10 Lancers' 4-2 win over Ashwell.
Goals from Jhia Dillon (2), Declan Sayer and Joe Fraser-Bossom kept the under 12 Templars' Division 1 title hopes alive in a 4-0 win at Bishop's Stortford.
Both the under 13 Knights and Lancers lost their games with the Knights going down 3-1 against Royston Celtic. The Lancers lost 5-1 to Hatfield, with Lee Rogers scoring the consolation goal.
The under 14 Templars missed the chance to move away from the lower level of Division 1 after they were beaten 2-1 by Potton.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track
However, the under-14 Knights clinched their division title by knocking four past a helpless Bishop's Stortford Athletic.
Top scorer Jack Fiddock claimed a hat-trick and Dave Scoot added the fourth with a well-taken header.
There was a setback for the under 15 Lancers, as their promotion hopes were dashed losing 6-2 to Stansted, while the unbeaten Crusaders picked up four points in a double header against Hatfield.
The under-16 Crusaders thumped Knebworth 5-1, thanks largely to a Josh Furness hat-trick.
James King also scored a superb free-kick and TJ Brody added a fine individual strike to get their names on the score sheet.