Champions Crusaders power on
THE under 10 Crusaders may have already won the Division B Championship, but they showed no sign of easing up with a 5-1 victory against Bishop Stortford Rangers. Josh Jones and Hayden Mabert scored two each, with Chris Birkett grabbing the other. Kier
THE under 10 Crusaders may have already won the Division B Championship, but they showed no sign of easing up with a 5-1 victory against Bishop Stortford Rangers.
Josh Jones and Hayden Mabert scored two each, with Chris Birkett grabbing the other.
Kier Boyd and Nick Allin also scored a brace in the under 10 Lancers' 4-2 win over Ashwell.
Goals from Jhia Dillon (2), Declan Sayer and Joe Fraser-Bossom kept the under 12 Templars' Division 1 title hopes alive in a 4-0 win at Bishop's Stortford.
Both the under 13 Knights and Lancers lost their games with the Knights going down 3-1 against Royston Celtic. The Lancers lost 5-1 to Hatfield, with Lee Rogers scoring the consolation goal.
The under 14 Templars missed the chance to move away from the lower level of Division 1 after they were beaten 2-1 by Potton.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 7 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 8 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
However, the under-14 Knights clinched their division title by knocking four past a helpless Bishop's Stortford Athletic.
Top scorer Jack Fiddock claimed a hat-trick and Dave Scoot added the fourth with a well-taken header.
There was a setback for the under 15 Lancers, as their promotion hopes were dashed losing 6-2 to Stansted, while the unbeaten Crusaders picked up four points in a double header against Hatfield.
The under-16 Crusaders thumped Knebworth 5-1, thanks largely to a Josh Furness hat-trick.
James King also scored a superb free-kick and TJ Brody added a fine individual strike to get their names on the score sheet.