Champion Tigers take it by three
Shefford Saints B 0 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 3 MELBOURN Tigers joined the Melbourn Panthers by winning their Under-10 divisional title at Shefford Saints on Sunday. In order to be crowned champions, Tigers had to take all three points as only two separate
Shefford Saints B 0
Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 3
MELBOURN Tigers joined the Melbourn Panthers by winning their Under-10 divisional title at Shefford Saints on Sunday.
In order to be crowned champions, Tigers had to take all three points as only two separated them from the chasing pack.
You may also want to watch:
Knowing that a win would guarantee the title their committed performance proved to be enough against a rapidly improving Shefford side.
Brennan Friel put Melbourn ahead, driving home a low shot from just inside of the box. The goal came thanks to some clever defending by Ben Jones and some fine individual play down the left by Alex Martin.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
Tigers scored a second just moments later when Martin again tormented the Saints defenders, cutting inside and burying the ball in the back of the net.
Melbourn grabbed a third just before the end when Friel scored his second of the game, bundling the ball over the line following a Joe Carrington corner.
Their title success is just deserved for a team who have remained unbeaten since the start of December.