Champion Tigers take it by three
Shefford Saints B 0 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 3 MELBOURN Tigers joined the Melbourn Panthers by winning their Under-10 divisional title at Shefford Saints on Sunday. In order to be crowned champions, Tigers had to take all three points as only two separate
Shefford Saints B 0
Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 3
MELBOURN Tigers joined the Melbourn Panthers by winning their Under-10 divisional title at Shefford Saints on Sunday.
In order to be crowned champions, Tigers had to take all three points as only two separated them from the chasing pack.
Knowing that a win would guarantee the title their committed performance proved to be enough against a rapidly improving Shefford side.
Brennan Friel put Melbourn ahead, driving home a low shot from just inside of the box. The goal came thanks to some clever defending by Ben Jones and some fine individual play down the left by Alex Martin.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 9 Parish councillor dies in ‘freak accident’
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Tigers scored a second just moments later when Martin again tormented the Saints defenders, cutting inside and burying the ball in the back of the net.
Melbourn grabbed a third just before the end when Friel scored his second of the game, bundling the ball over the line following a Joe Carrington corner.
Their title success is just deserved for a team who have remained unbeaten since the start of December.