Chamberlain battles to trophy win
The final of Heydon Grange s men s singles knockout for the Peacock Trophy was won by Paul Chamberlain, who overcame a spirited fight by Ray Charles in the final game. David Jolley and Graham Handscombe won the men s pairs knockout, beating Tony Leigh an
The final of Heydon Grange's men's singles knockout for the Peacock Trophy was won by Paul Chamberlain, who overcame a spirited fight by Ray Charles in the final game.
David Jolley and Graham Handscombe won the men's pairs knockout, beating Tony Leigh and Adrian Patterson in a close match.
On Sunday, members played in a pairs stableford greensomes competition, for the Spitfire Salver.
The competition is always contested at this time of the year as the salver was presented to the club by member David Smallman to commemorate and remember the pilots of the Battle of Britain.
You may also want to watch:
Victors in this year's competition were Malcolm Knobel-Forbes and David Jolley with 33 points, the same score as the runners-up Steve Miller and Ivan Drury, who lost on countback.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 5 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 9 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme