Celtic win season finale
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town U16 Celtic won their final match of the season, beating Bishop’s Stortford 4-1.
Despite an unpromising start when a slip by the keeper presented the home side with a tap in for an early lead, Celtic went on to play the best football of their season in their final ever match.
However, it took 16 minutes of continuous pressure before Robbie Filby drifted in to head home Ben French’s cross for the equaliser.
Celtic continued to dominate play before taking the lead with another header, this time from Danny Mynott, in the 33rd minute.
The Swifts rallied at the start of the second half and managed to win a few corners but their heads dropped after 48 minutes when their keeper spilled a ball which Mynott tucked into the net.
You may also want to watch:
From that point on it was only a matter of time before Celtic scored again. Troy Mayo obliged in the 74th minute to wrap up a comfortable win.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre