Celtic win season finale
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town U16 Celtic won their final match of the season, beating Bishop’s Stortford 4-1.
Despite an unpromising start when a slip by the keeper presented the home side with a tap in for an early lead, Celtic went on to play the best football of their season in their final ever match.
However, it took 16 minutes of continuous pressure before Robbie Filby drifted in to head home Ben French’s cross for the equaliser.
Celtic continued to dominate play before taking the lead with another header, this time from Danny Mynott, in the 33rd minute.
The Swifts rallied at the start of the second half and managed to win a few corners but their heads dropped after 48 minutes when their keeper spilled a ball which Mynott tucked into the net.
You may also want to watch:
From that point on it was only a matter of time before Celtic scored again. Troy Mayo obliged in the 74th minute to wrap up a comfortable win.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment