Celtic Whites pick up away win
Royston Crow Youth League Division One Wymondley Park 0 Royston Celtic Whites 2 ON a wet windy start to a Sunday morning a thought goes to the coaches Andy Silent and Steve Dobbyne who give up their time to help the team. The duos work certainly pays o
Royston Crow Youth League Division One
Wymondley Park 0 Royston Celtic Whites 2
ON a wet windy start to a Sunday morning a thought goes to the coaches Andy Silent and Steve Dobbyne who give up their time to help the team. The duos' work certainly pays off as Celtics recorded their eighth clean sheet this week in all competitions.
It has to be said they were not at their best however they were too strong for Wymondley who themselves have improved from the wrong end of a 7-1 game at the end of last month.
You may also want to watch:
Celtics started well with their passing game, Rhys Westbury causing all sorts of problems for the Wymondley defence.
Justin Leavers took a quick throw in and James Rushton played it to birthday boy George Bailey who slotted home.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Richard Jonas then headed a great ball to Leavers whose pace and strength took him round the 'keeper and he passed it into the empty net.
Wymondley did have a few attacks but Lorcan George had a great game at right back against Wymondley's best player and Jack Mills and Callum Pinner with Eamon Henderson at the back were very strong. Once again Robbie Ponting in goal was his normal dependable self and Edward Atkins played a great role in midfield showing some great pace and could have made it three when he shot just wide.
The sun came out for the second half as Tom McGlynn came on and played well.
Celtic gave away a penalty but Ponting made himself big and the ball went just wide. Joseph Rydon came on and helped keep it tight as Wymondley tried to get back into the game but Celtic had the better chances with Bailey hitting the bar and Leavers hitting the post as the game finished 2-0.
Team:- R Ponting, R Westbury, J Mills, C Pinner, J Leavers, E Henderson, L George, R Jonas, G Bailey, B Webb, E Atkins, J Rushton, T McGlynn, J Rydon.