Celtic undone by the Barnet Azuri
Royston Celtic 0 Barnet Azuri 1 Under-11s County Cup FOLLOWING two weeks of being unable to fulfil this County Cup game due to poor weather conditions, Celtic had a bright start with the lion s share of possession but found clear chances hard to come by.
Royston Celtic 0 Barnet Azuri 1
Under-11s County Cup
FOLLOWING two weeks of being unable to fulfil this County Cup game due to poor weather conditions, Celtic had a bright start with the lion's share of possession but found clear chances hard to come by.
On a heavy pitch it was difficult to play decent football that was pleasing on the eye and although the first 15 minutes was all Celtic the ball was mainly played in a rather congested middle of the field and rarely found its way out wide to the wings.
Gradually Barnet came in to the game midway through the first half but the score remained level at half time.
Barnet started the second half where they had finished the first by building on possession with Celtic finding it hard to get out of their own half.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
A defensive mix up from a free kick presented Barnet with the chance to score and their striker duly put it away.
A spirited last five minutes almost ended with Celtic grabbing a late leveller from their only corner of the game but it was well saved by the away 'keeper.
Summarising the game, Celtic manager Bernie O'Brien said: "The boys did not perform to the best of their ability today but lost a close game to a good physical, technical and well organised team.