Celtic show bouncebackability to defeat Blues
GCE Blues 1 Royston Celtic U-15 4 A FINE team performance from Royston Celtic saw them back in winning ways following a disappointing game last week. During the opening minutes both teams played lively football but it soon became obvious that Cel
GCE Blues 1 Royston Celtic U-15 4
A FINE team performance from Royston Celtic saw them back in winning ways following a disappointing game last week.
During the opening minutes both teams played lively football but it soon became obvious that Celtic were settling into their game with some fine passing moves.
This led to the opening goal after 10 minutes for Celtic when Chay Wilson passed to Dion Jones who calmly put the ball in the back of the net.
Letchworth barely had time to adjust when in another attacking move Jones's pass was converted by Will Dickerson.
By now Celtic were on top with some fine midfield play with Letchworth having to defend crosses from Tom Higton and Tom Fisk.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 5 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
Shortly before half time, the game was put out of Letchworth's reach when Tom Fisk scored from a Dickerson throw.
The second half opened with Letchworth starting well however the Celtic back four of Ryan Waller, Craig Ransley, Mitchell Cooper and Rob Fuller denied them any significant chances.
Celtic then got back into their stride, and following some excellent wing play, a Higton throw was picked up by Wilson who went on to score a good solo goal.
As the half progressed goal keeper Lee Cooper produced a couple of fine saves from however in the dying minutes of the game the home team did get their consolation goal.
Royston Celtic U-9 A 1 Hormead Hares C 1
WINDY weather conditions made the game all the more difficult but both teams put on a good display of football skills.
George, Hargreaves and Green all made good attempts at goals but did not manage to find the back of the net.
However, endurance was paid off in the second half with a goal from Hargreaves for Celtic but this was soon followed by the equaliser from Hares.
Royston Celtic U-9 B 0 Hormead Hares D 0
SOME good passing from Celtic kept the game on an even keel.
A great attempt at goal from Kuenzi unluckily hit a post, and some well positioned defending from Clark and Bartlett helped keep the Hares from the Celtic goal.
After several near misses at goals, Green took a penalty but was disappointed when the keeper saved it.
Cudmore took the game up a level with some excellent ball control in the second half.