Celtic in six-goal thriller
Royston Celtics U12 Whites 3 Buntingford Cougars Blues 3 CELTICS conceded a late penalty to drop points against Cougars Blues. Celtic control of the game and should have won easily as Robbie Ponting in goal had very little to do in the first half. The
Royston Celtics U12 Whites 3 Buntingford Cougars Blues 3
CELTICS conceded a late penalty to drop points against Cougars Blues.
Celtic control of the game and should have won easily as Robbie Ponting in goal had very little to do in the first half.
The defence of Lorcan George ,Callum Pinner, Jack Mills and Eamon Henderson were strong Cougars could not muster any attacking opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Celtics dealt with the windy conditions better and Justin Leavers once again caused terror in the Cougars defence.
Richard Jonas scored with a brilliant free kick into the top corner.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The second half started the same however as Cougars found it a bit easier with wind but Jack Mills and Callum Pinner coped well.
Leavers then scored his 40th goal of the season.
Cougars pulled one back as Celtics dropped off and in the last few minutes Cougars won a penalty.
Robbie Ponting stayed strong, though, and made a great but Cougars ran in and score from the rebound, the Celtics players can hold there heads up they were once again the strongest team but let down by bad decisions so 3-3 final score.
Team :- R Ponting,R Westbury,J Mills,C Pinner,J Leavers,E Henderson,L George,R Jonas,G Bailey,J Rushton,B Webb,E Atkins.