Celtic in six-goal thriller
Royston Celtics U12 Whites 3 Buntingford Cougars Blues 3 CELTICS conceded a late penalty to drop points against Cougars Blues. Celtic control of the game and should have won easily as Robbie Ponting in goal had very little to do in the first half. The
Royston Celtics U12 Whites 3 Buntingford Cougars Blues 3
CELTICS conceded a late penalty to drop points against Cougars Blues.
Celtic control of the game and should have won easily as Robbie Ponting in goal had very little to do in the first half.
The defence of Lorcan George ,Callum Pinner, Jack Mills and Eamon Henderson were strong Cougars could not muster any attacking opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Celtics dealt with the windy conditions better and Justin Leavers once again caused terror in the Cougars defence.
Richard Jonas scored with a brilliant free kick into the top corner.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
The second half started the same however as Cougars found it a bit easier with wind but Jack Mills and Callum Pinner coped well.
Leavers then scored his 40th goal of the season.
Cougars pulled one back as Celtics dropped off and in the last few minutes Cougars won a penalty.
Robbie Ponting stayed strong, though, and made a great but Cougars ran in and score from the rebound, the Celtics players can hold there heads up they were once again the strongest team but let down by bad decisions so 3-3 final score.
Team :- R Ponting,R Westbury,J Mills,C Pinner,J Leavers,E Henderson,L George,R Jonas,G Bailey,J Rushton,B Webb,E Atkins.