Celtic extend unbeaten run
Royston Celtic Under-11 3 Buntingford Cougars Under-11 2 CELTIC continued their unbeaten run with a dominating 3-2 win over local rivals Buntingford Cougars although the score line was not a true reflection of the game. From the start Celtic dominated and
Royston Celtic Under-11 3 Buntingford Cougars Under-11 2
CELTIC continued their unbeaten run with a dominating 3-2 win over local rivals Buntingford Cougars although the score line was not a true reflection of the game.
From the start Celtic dominated and spent the first half camped inside the Cougars half with the Celtic 'keeper nothing more than a spectator.
Celtic went close on numerous occasions with excellent work from Barnes on the right and Seabrook and Little carving open the Cougars defence. Man-of-the-match James Edwards latched onto yet another defence splitting run and cross from Barnes and finished superbly into the corner on the stroke of half time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half continued as the first left off with the Celtic midfield dominating the park and carving open the Buntingford defence to allow Birks in midfield to push forward and finish superbly to make it 2-0.
Celtic then seemed to switch off and within minutes Buntingford had two attacks and two goals to bring the scores level.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Once again more hard work in midfield from Seabrook saw Edwards use his blistering pace and slot the ball home to make it 3-2.
Celtic continued to pressure and again went close but they were happy to finish 3-2 winners.