Celtic extend unbeaten run
Royston Celtic Under-11 3 Buntingford Cougars Under-11 2 CELTIC continued their unbeaten run with a dominating 3-2 win over local rivals Buntingford Cougars although the score line was not a true reflection of the game. From the start Celtic dominated and
Royston Celtic Under-11 3 Buntingford Cougars Under-11 2
CELTIC continued their unbeaten run with a dominating 3-2 win over local rivals Buntingford Cougars although the score line was not a true reflection of the game.
From the start Celtic dominated and spent the first half camped inside the Cougars half with the Celtic 'keeper nothing more than a spectator.
Celtic went close on numerous occasions with excellent work from Barnes on the right and Seabrook and Little carving open the Cougars defence. Man-of-the-match James Edwards latched onto yet another defence splitting run and cross from Barnes and finished superbly into the corner on the stroke of half time.
The second half continued as the first left off with the Celtic midfield dominating the park and carving open the Buntingford defence to allow Birks in midfield to push forward and finish superbly to make it 2-0.
Celtic then seemed to switch off and within minutes Buntingford had two attacks and two goals to bring the scores level.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
Once again more hard work in midfield from Seabrook saw Edwards use his blistering pace and slot the ball home to make it 3-2.
Celtic continued to pressure and again went close but they were happy to finish 3-2 winners.