Celtic book place in Round Two of League Cup
BSCFC Athletic 2 Royston Celtic 3 Under-11s League Cup CELTIC travelled to Bishop's Stortford for the first round of the League Cup. In a scrappy game Celtic took the lead with a well taken strike at 30 yards from man-of-the-match Mason Barnes only for St
BSCFC Athletic 2 Royston Celtic 3
Under-11s League Cup
CELTIC travelled to Bishop's Stortford for the first round of the League Cup.
In a scrappy game Celtic took the lead with a well taken strike at 30 yards from man-of-the-match Mason Barnes only for Stortford to draw level on the stroke of half time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half proved much the same as the first with scrappy phases of play and neither team making an impact.
Midway through the half Stortford had one of their few attacks and following a mix up between the Celtic defence and goalkeeper Celtic found themselves 2-1 down.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
This seemed to rally the boys and within minutes they were level with another well worked goal again scored by Barnes coming in from the right.
With extra time looming Celtic continued to push for the winning goal and after having a good shout for a penalty turned down they ran out of time.
The first half of extra time saw Celtic push forward without success and the teams went in level.
The second half saw Celtic find the extra gear they had been lacking and following another blistering run down the right from Barnes his pin point cross found the head of Kye Birks who flash the ball into the Stortford net.
Celtic continued to press for the remainder of the half and ran out 3-2 winners.