Celtic book place in Round Two of League Cup
BSCFC Athletic 2 Royston Celtic 3 Under-11s League Cup CELTIC travelled to Bishop's Stortford for the first round of the League Cup. In a scrappy game Celtic took the lead with a well taken strike at 30 yards from man-of-the-match Mason Barnes only for St
BSCFC Athletic 2 Royston Celtic 3
Under-11s League Cup
CELTIC travelled to Bishop's Stortford for the first round of the League Cup.
In a scrappy game Celtic took the lead with a well taken strike at 30 yards from man-of-the-match Mason Barnes only for Stortford to draw level on the stroke of half time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half proved much the same as the first with scrappy phases of play and neither team making an impact.
Midway through the half Stortford had one of their few attacks and following a mix up between the Celtic defence and goalkeeper Celtic found themselves 2-1 down.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
This seemed to rally the boys and within minutes they were level with another well worked goal again scored by Barnes coming in from the right.
With extra time looming Celtic continued to push for the winning goal and after having a good shout for a penalty turned down they ran out of time.
The first half of extra time saw Celtic push forward without success and the teams went in level.
The second half saw Celtic find the extra gear they had been lacking and following another blistering run down the right from Barnes his pin point cross found the head of Kye Birks who flash the ball into the Stortford net.
Celtic continued to press for the remainder of the half and ran out 3-2 winners.