Celtic Blues beat local rivals Buntingford
Buntingford Cougars Blues 2 Royston Celtic Blues 4 Under-11 Division One ROYSTON Celtic travelled to local rivals Buntingford for what was another outstanding performance and a result which maintains Celtic s unbeaten streak in the league to five games. C
Buntingford Cougars Blues 2 Royston Celtic Blues 4
Under-11 Division One
ROYSTON Celtic travelled to local rivals Buntingford for what was another outstanding performance and a result which maintains Celtic's unbeaten streak in the league to five games.
Celtic started strongly and dictated most of the play until midway through the first half when James Edwards latched onto a through ball and coolly slotted the ball home.
Cougars hit back immediately as Celtic switched off and briefly lost their dominance on the game.
With five minutes to half time Edwards once again latched onto a defence splitting through ball and put Celtic 2-1 up.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 10 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
Again, and almost immediately, the Cougars hit back with Celtic still celebrating.
The second half started the same as the first with Celtic again dominating the play with man -of-the-match William Tyrrell and Connor Little taking control of the midfield.
Another dominating passage of play ended with Little taking an opportunistic strike which beat the stranded Cougars 'keeper and put Celtic 3-2 up.
The Cougars again almost drew the scores level but for some resolute defending from Jack Logan yet as they pushed for the equalising goal Celtic became more dominating and turned it into one way traffic.
The home 'keeper pulled off some outstanding saves to keep them in the game until Mason Barnes used his speed down the wing and set up George Pemberton for Celtic's fourth.