Celtic Blues beat local rivals Buntingford
Buntingford Cougars Blues 2 Royston Celtic Blues 4 Under-11 Division One ROYSTON Celtic travelled to local rivals Buntingford for what was another outstanding performance and a result which maintains Celtic s unbeaten streak in the league to five games. C
Buntingford Cougars Blues 2 Royston Celtic Blues 4
Under-11 Division One
ROYSTON Celtic travelled to local rivals Buntingford for what was another outstanding performance and a result which maintains Celtic's unbeaten streak in the league to five games.
Celtic started strongly and dictated most of the play until midway through the first half when James Edwards latched onto a through ball and coolly slotted the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
Cougars hit back immediately as Celtic switched off and briefly lost their dominance on the game.
With five minutes to half time Edwards once again latched onto a defence splitting through ball and put Celtic 2-1 up.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Again, and almost immediately, the Cougars hit back with Celtic still celebrating.
The second half started the same as the first with Celtic again dominating the play with man -of-the-match William Tyrrell and Connor Little taking control of the midfield.
Another dominating passage of play ended with Little taking an opportunistic strike which beat the stranded Cougars 'keeper and put Celtic 3-2 up.
The Cougars again almost drew the scores level but for some resolute defending from Jack Logan yet as they pushed for the equalising goal Celtic became more dominating and turned it into one way traffic.
The home 'keeper pulled off some outstanding saves to keep them in the game until Mason Barnes used his speed down the wing and set up George Pemberton for Celtic's fourth.