Celebration as club students make grade
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club is celebrating after an assessment saw a number of students grades promoted. The gradings are a test of what the students have retained in terms of knowledge, technique, and etiquette over a given period of time. Club official Ge
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club is celebrating after an assessment saw a number of students' grades promoted.
The gradings are a test of what the students have retained in terms of knowledge, technique, and etiquette over a given period of time.
Club official Geoff Klein said: "In our club junior members have approximately three assessments every year.
"The promotions mean a lot to the students, as they feel that they are moving along and are achieving recognition for their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
"The people who have moved up more than one grade have done exceptionally well and are an inspiration to the other members of the club.
"They can motivate others to try to achieve that bit more. The club is really proud."
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Lizzie Collins, Ben Robson, David Coleman, Mark Golab, Michael Priest, Oliver Holway, Peter Davies, and Sam Norcross all moved up by two grades.
- The club will be holding its annual tournament on Wednesday, June 20, at 6.15pm.