Carver hat trick seals three points
March Rangers 1 Fowlmere 3 A DAVE Carver hat trick blew away March Rangers in blustery conditions in this Creake Shield second round encounter. With six first team players missing, manager Steve Walker was forced into making changes before the game but th
March Rangers 1 Fowlmere 3
A DAVE Carver hat trick blew away March Rangers in blustery conditions in this Creake Shield second round encounter.
With six first team players missing, manager Steve Walker was forced into making changes before the game but they remained disciplined and outplayed their opponents to set up a third round tie against Great Shelford.
Fowlmere got their first goal of the game after just five minutes when Dave Carter was set up by his 18-year-old brother Joe to finish the family-made from ten yards.
The visitors doubled their lead on 20 minutes when Carver neatly finished after a good pass from Shaun Audley and when their opponents had a player sent off for foul and abusive language, the game looked all but over.
It was put to bed before half time when Carver scored his third of the game, and with Fowlmere's opponents hardly creating a chance of note it was a straight forward win for form team Fowlmere.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 10 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
"We were fast out of the traps, and that helped to set the tone of the game and I think we were the better team throughout," said manager Steve Walker.
"They never really looked like creating any openings and didn't really break into the final third with any real quality."
Next up for Fowlmere are BIS League 1A leaders Duxford.
Fowlmere: Harben, King, Darcy, Ridings, Cripps, Ruggles, Frostick, J Carver, Audley, B Carver, Caley. Subs: Walker.