Carver hat trick seals three points
March Rangers 1 Fowlmere 3 A DAVE Carver hat trick blew away March Rangers in blustery conditions in this Creake Shield second round encounter. With six first team players missing, manager Steve Walker was forced into making changes before the game but th
March Rangers 1 Fowlmere 3
A DAVE Carver hat trick blew away March Rangers in blustery conditions in this Creake Shield second round encounter.
With six first team players missing, manager Steve Walker was forced into making changes before the game but they remained disciplined and outplayed their opponents to set up a third round tie against Great Shelford.
Fowlmere got their first goal of the game after just five minutes when Dave Carter was set up by his 18-year-old brother Joe to finish the family-made from ten yards.
The visitors doubled their lead on 20 minutes when Carver neatly finished after a good pass from Shaun Audley and when their opponents had a player sent off for foul and abusive language, the game looked all but over.
It was put to bed before half time when Carver scored his third of the game, and with Fowlmere's opponents hardly creating a chance of note it was a straight forward win for form team Fowlmere.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 4 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
"We were fast out of the traps, and that helped to set the tone of the game and I think we were the better team throughout," said manager Steve Walker.
"They never really looked like creating any openings and didn't really break into the final third with any real quality."
Next up for Fowlmere are BIS League 1A leaders Duxford.
Fowlmere: Harben, King, Darcy, Ridings, Cripps, Ruggles, Frostick, J Carver, Audley, B Carver, Caley. Subs: Walker.