Carver hat trick seals three points
March Rangers 1 Fowlmere 3 A DAVE Carver hat trick blew away March Rangers in blustery conditions in this Creake Shield second round encounter. With six first team players missing, manager Steve Walker was forced into making changes before the game but th
March Rangers 1 Fowlmere 3
A DAVE Carver hat trick blew away March Rangers in blustery conditions in this Creake Shield second round encounter.
With six first team players missing, manager Steve Walker was forced into making changes before the game but they remained disciplined and outplayed their opponents to set up a third round tie against Great Shelford.
Fowlmere got their first goal of the game after just five minutes when Dave Carter was set up by his 18-year-old brother Joe to finish the family-made from ten yards.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors doubled their lead on 20 minutes when Carver neatly finished after a good pass from Shaun Audley and when their opponents had a player sent off for foul and abusive language, the game looked all but over.
It was put to bed before half time when Carver scored his third of the game, and with Fowlmere's opponents hardly creating a chance of note it was a straight forward win for form team Fowlmere.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
"We were fast out of the traps, and that helped to set the tone of the game and I think we were the better team throughout," said manager Steve Walker.
"They never really looked like creating any openings and didn't really break into the final third with any real quality."
Next up for Fowlmere are BIS League 1A leaders Duxford.
Fowlmere: Harben, King, Darcy, Ridings, Cripps, Ruggles, Frostick, J Carver, Audley, B Carver, Caley. Subs: Walker.