Cameron-Stock and Bradshaw send Hormead through in the League Cup
Hormead Hares Black 2 BSCFC Blues 1 Under-11s League Cup HORMEAD Hares broke their season duck with a convincing 2-1 win against a determined Bishop s Stortford Blues side. Hares long awaited first win of the season was never in doubt after an early goal
Hormead Hares Black 2 BSCFC Blues 1
Under-11s League Cup
HORMEAD Hares broke their season duck with a convincing 2-1 win against a determined Bishop's Stortford Blues side.
Hares' long awaited first win of the season was never in doubt after an early goal from Cameron Courtman-Stock settled the home side's anxieties.
You may also want to watch:
The next 27 minutes of the first half saw Hares camped in the opposition's half determined to add to their early lead.
Determination bore fruit when scorer turned provider as a superb cross from Cameron-Stock was threaded through a crowded six-yard and found Jake Bradshaw at the far post who tapped the ball into the back of the net.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
The front line was led by Harry Jarman but the fates had decided against him after he hit the bar and the post, but throughout the prolonged onslaught the Blues were always a threat.
An off-the-line acrobatic palming by goalkeeper Charlie Gates dealt with one memorable threat, but early in the second half he was beaten by an excellent breakaway move which caught Hares' defence flatfooted.
Apart from that anomaly, the back line held firm with George Berrett turning in another energetic performance and Jack Stoten, his partner in defence, winning the much coveted man-of-the-match award for his industry and determination.
A deserved victory.