Camden takes points from Fowlmere
Fowlmere 1 Camden United 1 STEVE Walker's side could only manage a point against lowly Camden, but still lead BIS Division 1A by two points. Fowlmere took the lead on 30 minutes when Dave Carver finished off from a corner, but despite having a host of cha
Fowlmere 1 Camden United 1
STEVE Walker's side could only manage a point against lowly Camden, but still lead BIS Division 1A by two points.
Fowlmere took the lead on 30 minutes when Dave Carver finished off from a corner, but despite having a host of chances Walker's men were unable to score again before the break.
Going in 1-0 up, the home team knew they would face a difficult second half and so it proved as Camden stifled their play.
You may also want to watch:
Fowlmere played the same opponents last week and had beaten them 3-0, but this time around Camden came prepared and they were able to predict how some of Fowlmere's moves were going to go.
Despite this, they still weren't able to muster many chances but the one they did - which came just as Lee Ridings had gone off the pitch - they were able to convert to take a share of the spoils.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Steve Walker said: "It's a disappointing result especially as we played much better than them but to be fair they came prepared and were able to snuff us out in the final third of the field.
"We're now top of the league and we're the team to beat so we'll have to get used to clubs upping their game when they come up against us.
"For the previous weeks of the season we've been heading the chasing pack so things are different now.
"I hope we can come back from this in our next game and get all three points."
Fowlmere: Harben, Kew, O'Farrell, Ridings, Cripps, D Carver, Ruggles, Darcy, Caley, Shilton, Wilson.
Subs: J Carver, King, Frostick.