Cambs and Hunts golf round-up
THE Division One meeting of the Cambs and Hunts Ladies Golf Association at Girton produced one of the closest ever finishes with three players sharing top spot. In near perfect playing conditions, established County first team players Sarah Greenall (Li
THE Division One meeting of the Cambs and Hunts Ladies Golf Association at Girton produced one of the closest ever finishes with three players sharing top spot.
In near perfect playing conditions, established County first team players Sarah Greenall (Links) and Jane McGuffog (Gogs), together with the new kid on the block Marilize Snyman-Harvey (Bourn) all produced some excellent golf in returning identical scores of gross 76.
Not to be outdone the winners of the nett prizes also played well below their handicaps with Glynis Anderson (Bourn) taking the Best Nett prize with an amazing score of 65 off her 14-handicap. Second place went to Amber Frear (Ely City) with a nett score of 68, also off a handicap of 14.
The afternoon foursomes again produced another close result with Jane Webster and Julie Aspinall (Ely City) amassing 36 points to take first place on count-back from Margaret McCall and Sandy Mitchell (Girton), with the Bourn pairing of Alison Peake and Judy Morris in third place (35).
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, The County Championships are being held at Saffron Walden on 14th - 16th May. The current Champion Julie Walter is not defending her title so a new Champion will be crowned. The leading contenders are Sarah Attwood (Gogs), Jackie Gregg (Links) and Chelsey Herbert (Gogs). The final is schedule will start at 2pm on Sunday, May 16.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe