Cambs and Hunts golf round-up
THE Division One meeting of the Cambs and Hunts Ladies Golf Association at Girton produced one of the closest ever finishes with three players sharing top spot. In near perfect playing conditions, established County first team players Sarah Greenall (Li
THE Division One meeting of the Cambs and Hunts Ladies Golf Association at Girton produced one of the closest ever finishes with three players sharing top spot.
In near perfect playing conditions, established County first team players Sarah Greenall (Links) and Jane McGuffog (Gogs), together with the new kid on the block Marilize Snyman-Harvey (Bourn) all produced some excellent golf in returning identical scores of gross 76.
Not to be outdone the winners of the nett prizes also played well below their handicaps with Glynis Anderson (Bourn) taking the Best Nett prize with an amazing score of 65 off her 14-handicap. Second place went to Amber Frear (Ely City) with a nett score of 68, also off a handicap of 14.
The afternoon foursomes again produced another close result with Jane Webster and Julie Aspinall (Ely City) amassing 36 points to take first place on count-back from Margaret McCall and Sandy Mitchell (Girton), with the Bourn pairing of Alison Peake and Judy Morris in third place (35).
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, The County Championships are being held at Saffron Walden on 14th - 16th May. The current Champion Julie Walter is not defending her title so a new Champion will be crowned. The leading contenders are Sarah Attwood (Gogs), Jackie Gregg (Links) and Chelsey Herbert (Gogs). The final is schedule will start at 2pm on Sunday, May 16.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash