Callum Bonfield continues to shine
CALLUM Bonfield made a great start in heat one of the tenth Junior Club Pro Championship round moving up from seventh at the start of the race to third by the first corner. By the end of the first lap third became first and he finished comfortably in the
CALLUM Bonfield made a great start in heat one of the tenth Junior Club Pro Championship round moving up from seventh at the start of the race to third by the first corner.
By the end of the first lap third became first and he finished comfortably in the lead with a five second lead over his nearest competitor.
Heat two saw the Greneway School pupil race from second off the line to first by the first corner and he held the lead to win by 11 seconds.
Starting from third in heat three, Bonfield continued his great form by taking the lead soon after the start and the third win saw his points tally grow.
You may also want to watch:
On pole for the final the 11-year-old was confident as he went into the race and he was clean away and led from start to finish.
With a maximum point score from the meeting The TopKatz club racer extended his lead in the championship with two meetings to go.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
The youngster races at the Red Lodge Karting centre near Newmarket, a club which gives boys and girls from the age of eight to 16 the opportunity to experience karting in a controlled and educational environment.
For more information contact Nigel on (01353) 723080.