Buzzard too strong for Royston
Leighton Buzzard Ladies III 7 Royston Ladies II 1 BUZZARD again proved too strong for Royston, on Saturday. Trying to forget last season s matches against the home side, Royston were determined to start this season afresh and began with high hopes for th
Leighton Buzzard Ladies III 7
Royston Ladies II 1
BUZZARD again proved too strong for Royston, on Saturday.
Trying to forget last season's matches against the home side, Royston were determined to start this season afresh and began with high hopes for the game.
You may also want to watch:
Leighton's eagerness was apparent and it was evident that the Royston defence would be under pressure from the outset from their three forwards, all of whom moved well on the pitch and created many opportunities on goal.
These could only be stopped for so long by Royston, who succumbed to an early goal 10 minutes into the first half.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
The home side now spurred on, two further goals followed in quick succession leaving the visitors with no chance but to resign themselves to trying to claw back the game to at least a draw.
Royston's goal came before half time when a sterling run by Wendy Finlay left open gaps in the Leighton defence, allowing her to slip the ball across the goal for Jules Fuller to slam home.
Unfortunately, Royston could not maintain this momentum in the second half of the game and the uphill struggle continued for the Royston midfield and attack, who had their work cut out trying to pass the Leighton defence.