Buzzard too strong for Royston
Leighton Buzzard Ladies III 7 Royston Ladies II 1 BUZZARD again proved too strong for Royston, on Saturday. Trying to forget last season s matches against the home side, Royston were determined to start this season afresh and began with high hopes for th
Leighton Buzzard Ladies III 7
Royston Ladies II 1
BUZZARD again proved too strong for Royston, on Saturday.
Trying to forget last season's matches against the home side, Royston were determined to start this season afresh and began with high hopes for the game.
You may also want to watch:
Leighton's eagerness was apparent and it was evident that the Royston defence would be under pressure from the outset from their three forwards, all of whom moved well on the pitch and created many opportunities on goal.
These could only be stopped for so long by Royston, who succumbed to an early goal 10 minutes into the first half.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
The home side now spurred on, two further goals followed in quick succession leaving the visitors with no chance but to resign themselves to trying to claw back the game to at least a draw.
Royston's goal came before half time when a sterling run by Wendy Finlay left open gaps in the Leighton defence, allowing her to slip the ball across the goal for Jules Fuller to slam home.
Unfortunately, Royston could not maintain this momentum in the second half of the game and the uphill struggle continued for the Royston midfield and attack, who had their work cut out trying to pass the Leighton defence.