Buntingford Cougars under-eights to under-10s round-up
Stevenage Borough Red Sox 2 Buntingford Cougars Blues 3 Under-eights THE Blues got off to a winning start to the season with a great team performance and win against Stevenage Reds. Bradley Anderson scored the first after a great cross from Harrison Coldi
Stevenage Borough Red Sox 2 Buntingford Cougars Blues 3
THE Blues got off to a winning start to the season with a great team performance and win against Stevenage Reds.
Bradley Anderson scored the first after a great cross from Harrison Coldicott-Stevens, then the provider turned goal scorer for the Blues' second.
Stevenage pulled one back just before half time but in the second half a great cross from Harrison set Jack Roberts up for the third goal before Stevenage pulled a final goal back with the very last kick of the game.
Stevenage Borough Red Sox 1 Buntingford Cougars Whites 0
- 1 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 3 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 9 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 10 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
Buntingford under-eights Whites' season kicked off with a great performance against Stevenage Borough Red Sox.
All the boys ran hard and played well with Joseph Campiniello unlucky not to have scored for the Whites before a goal in the last minute won it for the Red Sox.
Good performances for the Whites include those from man-of-the-match Toby Grieves, Joe Lovegrove making his debut and William King who battled hard.
Buntingford Cougars 0 Potton Colts 4
Cougars started well and held their own until two quick goals from Potton just before half time.
Rowan Clark had a good first game playing alongside with Joe flack but Potton ran out 4-0 victors.
Buntingford Cougars 1 Potton Colts 4
The second game between these two sides ended with the Cougars losing 4-1.
A great passing move from Harry Welsh and Nate Ridgewell ending in a superb strike by the latter to make it 1-0 to cougars, but the Colts were just too strong and despite some impressive Jack Harler saves the Cougards went down 4-1.
Buntingford Cougars 3 Royston 2
THE Whites and Blues teams played host to Royston and once again provided two excellent and entertaining matches.
In the first game Royston came out strong and took an early lead but the Cougars soon struck back and then scored the next two goals to go 3-1 up through Joe Babbage, James Savage and a cracking long range goal from Alex Hewer.
The Cougars stayed in control of the game and although Royston pulled back a second goal close to full time it wasn't enough.
Buntingford Cougars 3 Royston 0
The second match saw Cougars dominating and the result was a 3-0 win.
Simon Keogh scored a fine brace of goals with new Cougars member Kai Blows also finding the back of Royston's net.