Buntingford Cougars under-eights to under-10s round-up
Stevenage Borough Red Sox 2 Buntingford Cougars Blues 3 Under-eights THE Blues got off to a winning start to the season with a great team performance and win against Stevenage Reds. Bradley Anderson scored the first after a great cross from Harrison Coldi
Stevenage Borough Red Sox 2 Buntingford Cougars Blues 3
THE Blues got off to a winning start to the season with a great team performance and win against Stevenage Reds.
Bradley Anderson scored the first after a great cross from Harrison Coldicott-Stevens, then the provider turned goal scorer for the Blues' second.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage pulled one back just before half time but in the second half a great cross from Harrison set Jack Roberts up for the third goal before Stevenage pulled a final goal back with the very last kick of the game.
Stevenage Borough Red Sox 1 Buntingford Cougars Whites 0
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Buntingford under-eights Whites' season kicked off with a great performance against Stevenage Borough Red Sox.
All the boys ran hard and played well with Joseph Campiniello unlucky not to have scored for the Whites before a goal in the last minute won it for the Red Sox.
Good performances for the Whites include those from man-of-the-match Toby Grieves, Joe Lovegrove making his debut and William King who battled hard.
Buntingford Cougars 0 Potton Colts 4
Cougars started well and held their own until two quick goals from Potton just before half time.
Rowan Clark had a good first game playing alongside with Joe flack but Potton ran out 4-0 victors.
Buntingford Cougars 1 Potton Colts 4
The second game between these two sides ended with the Cougars losing 4-1.
A great passing move from Harry Welsh and Nate Ridgewell ending in a superb strike by the latter to make it 1-0 to cougars, but the Colts were just too strong and despite some impressive Jack Harler saves the Cougards went down 4-1.
Buntingford Cougars 3 Royston 2
THE Whites and Blues teams played host to Royston and once again provided two excellent and entertaining matches.
In the first game Royston came out strong and took an early lead but the Cougars soon struck back and then scored the next two goals to go 3-1 up through Joe Babbage, James Savage and a cracking long range goal from Alex Hewer.
The Cougars stayed in control of the game and although Royston pulled back a second goal close to full time it wasn't enough.
Buntingford Cougars 3 Royston 0
The second match saw Cougars dominating and the result was a 3-0 win.
Simon Keogh scored a fine brace of goals with new Cougars member Kai Blows also finding the back of Royston's net.