Buckerfield triumphs in Ladies’ Club Championship
SARAH Buckerfield won the Ladies’ Club Championship at Royston Golf Club on Saturday. Played over 36 holes, in warm but windy conditions, her rounds of 81 and 89 gave her a six-shot victory over runner-up Emma Logan. Jane Millership won the nett prize with an excellent score of 144.
The bronze trophy, for the higher handicaps, played alongside the Championship but only over one round, was won by the ladies captain, Karen Pearson, with a gross 97, while Claire Beaumont added another trophy this year by taking the nett prize with a 74.
Meanwhile, Mary Wilson continued her good from by winning the Ladies Medal with a nett 72, reducing her handicap to 14 – a magnificent improvement of five shots since January.
Mark and Luke Bailey won the Adult/Junior Foursomes on Sunday. The uncle and nephew combination, pupils of club professional, Sean Clark, recorded a steady 36 points in testing conditions. Second place went to Greg Fyson and Robert Brain, who pipped Simon Thompson and Alex Brain on countback. Both pairs finished with 35 points.
Paul Thomson continued his good form from last week to win the Saturday Stableford with a terrific 41 points off his four handicap. He was chased home by Jim Hart and Tom Simmons who both scored 40 points, but it was Hart who took the runners-up spot on countback.
You may also want to watch:
The Midweek Stableford, played on Wednesday, September 7, saw Fred Wilding romp to a three-point victory. His score of 39 gave him the spoils ahead of Peter Mitchell and John Murray.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?