Buckerfield leads team to victory
Royston Golf Club round-up
CAPTAIN Barry Buckerfield led his team to victory in the John R Ford sponsored team event at Royston Golf Club on Sunday.
Played in blustery conditions, the team of Adam Dyer, Stewart Hart, Dave Crossley and Buckerfield amassed 101 points to win by six points ahead of runners-up Alf Sheehan, Nick Scott, Paul Lewis and Mark Bailey.
Meanwhile, Richard Howorth won the Adamson China Cup recently with a score of 138 (two under par) over the 36 holes. Two steady rounds of 69 gave him a one-shot victory over Danny Crotty, who blew a four-shot lead after his exceptional morning round of 65.
Adrian Shoebridge pipped James Smith and Chris Trimble on countback after all three returned a level par score of 140.
You may also want to watch:
Lady Vice-Captain, Jen McGuigan, just missed out on winning the Ladies County Championship at the weekend, losing one down in the semi-final, to the eventual winner. Jen had the consolation of being selected for the County team, though.
Marjory Humphreys won two events last week. Firstly, she won the bogey event and then scored a terrific 40 points to win the stableford on Thursday – one point ahead of Sandra Williams. Tina Collins was back in action after an enforced layoff and finished third with 36.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
In other results, Danny Crotty won the Men’s Thursday Medal after shooting a 67 while in the Men’s Saturday Medal, Simon Thompson took the honours with an excellent 67 in Division one while in Division Two, Alan Evans came out on top with 65.