Buckerfield and Millership win Turkey Trot
JOAN Buckerfield and David Millership were the toast of Royston Golf Club on Saturday when the won the Mixed Turkey Trot event. The foursomes stableford event, which is one of the most popular on the calendar, attracted a large field and was played over
JOAN Buckerfield and David Millership were the toast of Royston Golf Club on Saturday when the won the Mixed Turkey Trot event.
The foursomes' stableford event, which is one of the most popular on the calendar, attracted a large field and was played over the Heath course in dry but chilly conditions.
Buckerfield and Millership scored an impressive 40 points to fend off Jenny Middlemass and David Caunce who finished a point behind.
Tina Collins and David Musgrave were third with 37, whilst current captains Alice Lewis and Sid Seward were fifth.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Pearson and Barry Buckerfield won the front nine and Pam Bonnet and Dave Crossley the back nine prizes.
Nineteen handicapper David Plume won the Saturday Stableford with an impressive 41 points but was chased all the way by Mark Dewhurst who also finished with 41.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
However, Plume had the better back nine of 22 points to take the first prize.
Martin Walker finished third with 39 and eight players scored 37 points.
John Fyson recorded a remarkable victory in the Midweek Stableford amassing an enormous 44 points, which has seen his handicap trimmed to 17.
John Weaver and Ray Haw also played well and both scored 41 points.
Current senior captain Stuart Knight was fourth with 39 and new member Mike Harrison also scored 39.
Despite the heavy rain on Sunday, the Men's Medal was played on a full course and Nick Sugden ran out the winner with a terrific nett 65.
The 13-handicapper went out in 37 strokes just one over par to set up his round and maintained his form on the back nine to win by four shots from Keith Pitts.
Nigel Thomas was third with a 71.