Buckerfield and Millership win Turkey Trot
JOAN Buckerfield and David Millership were the toast of Royston Golf Club on Saturday when the won the Mixed Turkey Trot event. The foursomes stableford event, which is one of the most popular on the calendar, attracted a large field and was played over
JOAN Buckerfield and David Millership were the toast of Royston Golf Club on Saturday when the won the Mixed Turkey Trot event.
The foursomes' stableford event, which is one of the most popular on the calendar, attracted a large field and was played over the Heath course in dry but chilly conditions.
Buckerfield and Millership scored an impressive 40 points to fend off Jenny Middlemass and David Caunce who finished a point behind.
Tina Collins and David Musgrave were third with 37, whilst current captains Alice Lewis and Sid Seward were fifth.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Pearson and Barry Buckerfield won the front nine and Pam Bonnet and Dave Crossley the back nine prizes.
Nineteen handicapper David Plume won the Saturday Stableford with an impressive 41 points but was chased all the way by Mark Dewhurst who also finished with 41.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
However, Plume had the better back nine of 22 points to take the first prize.
Martin Walker finished third with 39 and eight players scored 37 points.
John Fyson recorded a remarkable victory in the Midweek Stableford amassing an enormous 44 points, which has seen his handicap trimmed to 17.
John Weaver and Ray Haw also played well and both scored 41 points.
Current senior captain Stuart Knight was fourth with 39 and new member Mike Harrison also scored 39.
Despite the heavy rain on Sunday, the Men's Medal was played on a full course and Nick Sugden ran out the winner with a terrific nett 65.
The 13-handicapper went out in 37 strokes just one over par to set up his round and maintained his form on the back nine to win by four shots from Keith Pitts.
Nigel Thomas was third with a 71.