Bronze medals for teen Goodfellow at British Gas Diving Championships
- Credit: ALEX WHITEHEAD/SWPIX.COM
THE rising stature of Meldreth diving star Daniel Goodfellow took another leap at the weekend as he won his first medals at a senior national event.
At the age of just 16 the Cambridge Diving Team ace won bronze medals in both the 3m springboard and 10m platform events at The British Gas Diving Championships in Plymouth.
On the second day of the championships the teenager won bronze in the 3m springboard with a score of 374.75.
London 2012 Olympian Jack Laugher won the event on 448.10, with Oliver Dingley second on 385.10.
Goodfellow then scooped his second bronze in the 10m Platform on Sunday with 340.25.
You may also want to watch:
He finished behind James Denny, who was second, with gold going to a London 2012 Olympic silver medallist Tom Daley.
There are suggestions that Goodfellow could be a future partner for Daley in the 10m synchro.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes