Bronze joy for Libby
WYDDIAL youngster Libby Sherriff led England s under-16 hockey side to a bronze medal in the Four Nations Invitational Tournament. The 15-year-old, pictured below, described England s success as a step in the right direction . She added: Last year we
WYDDIAL youngster Libby Sherriff led England's under-16 hockey side to a bronze medal in the Four Nations Invitational Tournament.
The 15-year-old, pictured below, described England's success as "a step in the right direction".
She added: "Last year we finished bottom of the group, so our aim was to improve on that - and we did. At our age it's all about development and I think we have all learned a lot.
"It was a tough competition and after taking a while to settle, we came very close. We drew two matches that we could have won and as a result were unlucky not to get to the final."
You may also want to watch:
Playing in Barcelona over the Easter weekend, England drew 3-3 with Spain and 2-2 with Germany.
They also lost to eventual winners Holland 4-1. However, they did claim third spot with a 2-0 play-off win against Spain on Monday, with Libby scoring the opening goal.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Libby said: "Beating Spain to win bronze was brilliant, it was a really good game.
"Overall it was a great weekend and being captain made it even more of a fantastic experience.