Broadhall Youth make it a clean sweep
Four trophy wins for Stevenage-based side
Broadhall Youth under-14s finished off a superb 2010-11 season by winning the Mid Herts Rural League ORC Divisional Cup Final with an emphatic 8-0 win over Welwyn Pegasus.
The win completed a clean sweep for the season and a fourth trophy for the club which has already secured the Herts County Cup, the Mid Herts Rural League Cup and the Mid Herts Premier League title.
Having first won the Herts County Cup final 3–1 versus a very strong Kings Langley side from the Watford Friendly League, Broadhall followed that up with a 3-0 win over Waltham Cross to clinch the Mid Herts Rural League Cup the following week, the third trophy was added to the season haul when beating their closest rivals East Herts 3-1 and take the title with one league game to spare.
Manager Mick Simpson said: “This is a truly fantastic first season in the Mid Herts Rural League having moved to this League from the Royston Crow League last September. We believe this is possibly a record as we are unsure of any team doing a clean sweep of all four competitions entered in the Stevenage area, let alone Broadhall FC.”
Simpson added: “It has been a fantastic year, and I want to thank all the players and parents for all their effort and support during the season,”
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure