Broadhall Youth make it a clean sweep
Four trophy wins for Stevenage-based side
Broadhall Youth under-14s finished off a superb 2010-11 season by winning the Mid Herts Rural League ORC Divisional Cup Final with an emphatic 8-0 win over Welwyn Pegasus.
The win completed a clean sweep for the season and a fourth trophy for the club which has already secured the Herts County Cup, the Mid Herts Rural League Cup and the Mid Herts Premier League title.
Having first won the Herts County Cup final 3–1 versus a very strong Kings Langley side from the Watford Friendly League, Broadhall followed that up with a 3-0 win over Waltham Cross to clinch the Mid Herts Rural League Cup the following week, the third trophy was added to the season haul when beating their closest rivals East Herts 3-1 and take the title with one league game to spare.
Manager Mick Simpson said: “This is a truly fantastic first season in the Mid Herts Rural League having moved to this League from the Royston Crow League last September. We believe this is possibly a record as we are unsure of any team doing a clean sweep of all four competitions entered in the Stevenage area, let alone Broadhall FC.”
You may also want to watch:
Simpson added: “It has been a fantastic year, and I want to thank all the players and parents for all their effort and support during the season,”
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station