British Superbikes star Luke Mossey looking to inspire the next generation of riders
- Credit: Archant
Royston-based British Superbike (BSB) rider Luke Mossey gave future hopefuls the benefit of his experience at the launch of the official BSB Junior Championship at Snetterton on Saturday.
The Quattro Plant Kawasaki rider went back to his roots to support the next generation of motorcycle racers who participate in the Cool FAB Racing British Minibikes Championship, the racing series for children aged six to 15, where he started his career.
The grassroots competition for future World Superbike stars officially announced its new partnership with the headline national MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at the launch ahead of round five of the 2016 season.
Mossey said: “I think it’s a massive opportunity for young riders to start their racing career.
“There are not enough championships to help the next generation make it in the sport so this is great for Britain and for the British Superbike series. I know how hard it is to get to this level so it’s good that these kids have this series.”
You may also want to watch:
BSB series director, Stuart Higgs, said: “The work of Cool FAB Racing is important in providing an environment for children to participate. They are the stars of the future and to make a connection with BSB and the teams is a great initiative.”
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 3 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court