British Superbike star Luke Mossey aims for a strong start in 2017 opener
- Credit: Archant
British Superbike rider Luke Mossey will be going all out for top spot on the podium in the season opener at Donington Park.
The Royston motorsport star is full of confidence ahead of the new season and has set himself the ambitious goal of a top three placing in every race of 2017.
Finishing sixth in the championship last season on 550 points - championship winner Shane Byrne accumulated 669 - Mossey will be hoping for an improvement this year and with his new team JG Speedfit Kawasaki he’s in top shape to succeed.
Talking ahead of the season opener, Mossey said: “I’m feeling confident going in to the first race at Donington Park.
“I feel really good in myself, and in the offseason I started working with a personal trainer so I am in much better shape physically.”
Mossey smashed the lap record at a winter test in Cartagena, Spain, previously held by his team-mate Leon Haslam, laying down a clear marker to his rivals and giving him a massive boost going into the final testing session, which took place at Donington last Wednesday.
The test proved to be a washout, but Mossey’s focus quickly moved to this coming weekend and the season ahead.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 4 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 5 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 6 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 7 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 10 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
The 24-year-old said: “This season we’re aiming to compete for the top three in every race, with the championship title being our ultimate goal.
“Getting my first win this season is a priority.”
Donington promises to be a thrilling season opener, with Mossey going all out to get the number one spot on the podium.