British Superbike star Luke Mossey aims for a strong start in 2017 opener
- Credit: Archant
British Superbike rider Luke Mossey will be going all out for top spot on the podium in the season opener at Donington Park.
The Royston motorsport star is full of confidence ahead of the new season and has set himself the ambitious goal of a top three placing in every race of 2017.
Finishing sixth in the championship last season on 550 points - championship winner Shane Byrne accumulated 669 - Mossey will be hoping for an improvement this year and with his new team JG Speedfit Kawasaki he’s in top shape to succeed.
Talking ahead of the season opener, Mossey said: “I’m feeling confident going in to the first race at Donington Park.
“I feel really good in myself, and in the offseason I started working with a personal trainer so I am in much better shape physically.”
Mossey smashed the lap record at a winter test in Cartagena, Spain, previously held by his team-mate Leon Haslam, laying down a clear marker to his rivals and giving him a massive boost going into the final testing session, which took place at Donington last Wednesday.
The test proved to be a washout, but Mossey’s focus quickly moved to this coming weekend and the season ahead.
- 1 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 2 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 3 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
The 24-year-old said: “This season we’re aiming to compete for the top three in every race, with the championship title being our ultimate goal.
“Getting my first win this season is a priority.”
Donington promises to be a thrilling season opener, with Mossey going all out to get the number one spot on the podium.