Brilliant Smith caps off fine win
FC Comets 2 Royston Town Youth Colts 3 Under-12s Division Three ROYSTON Town Youth Colts started their 2009/10 campaign with a well deserved win against FC Comets of Hitchin. Having had most of the early exchanges, the Colts went ahead when Jordan Howe fi
FC Comets 2 Royston Town Youth Colts 3
Under-12s Division Three
ROYSTON Town Youth Colts started their 2009/10 campaign with a well deserved win against FC Comets of Hitchin.
Having had most of the early exchanges, the Colts went ahead when Jordan Howe finished off a through ball by Bradley Calvert.
You may also want to watch:
The Colts were still celebrating when man-of-the-match Jack Gwether was unable to stop an FC Comets shot at his goal.
The Colts still enjoyed most of the play and a long clearance from Gwether was controlled by Howe who sent a first time shot from outside the area into the bottom corner past the outstretched hand of the goalkeeper.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
It seemed the Colts had not learnt from their earlier mistake, however, and they conceded another goal more-or-less from the kick-off.
The second half was a much more even affair with good defensive play by the back four of captain Josh Toovey, Sam Chapman, Troy Mayo and Conor Eustace.
FC Comets regularly threatened with some excellent corners but the game was won by a moment of sheer brilliance when Cameron Smith collected the ball on the halfway line before going on a mazy run and sending an unstoppable curling shot into the back of the net.
Colts: Gwether, Chapman, Toovey, Mayo, Eustace, Harris, Smith, Noades, Mansfield, Calvert, Howe, Way, Reader.