Brave Sandon just miss out
SANDON Primary School narrowly missed out on a place in the National Pop Lacrosse Championship semi-finals, losing after extra time. After winning their group the school – which was the smallest in the competition – lost a close match to Kings Court Prim
SANDON Primary School narrowly missed out on a place in the National Pop Lacrosse Championship semi-finals, losing after extra time.
After winning their group the school - which was the smallest in the competition - lost a close match to Kings Court Primary School.
PE co-ordinator Ruth Reynolds said: "To get to the quarter-final is fantastic. We came very close and there really wasn't anything between the two sides."
Sandon breezed through their group with three wins and a draw.
Ruth said: "They played some great lacrosse and beat some very good sides on the way - some of which were past winners.
"We'll enter again next year and who knows, maybe we can go even further!
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party