Brave Dynamos downed by Rangers
Melbourn Dynamos U11s 1 Bishop’s Stortford Rangers U11s 4
Melbourn Dynamos U11s were unfortunate to go down 4-1 at home to Bishop’s Stortford Rangers.
They put in a brace shift against their opponents and for the first 20 minutes they enjoyed the majority of possession with winger Harry Carter, in particular, looking dangerous but they were unable to turn pressure into goals.
Rangers went ahead with a scrappy goal just before half time and the visitors came out stronger in the second period and doubled their lead with a quick counter attack.
Melbourn pulled a goal back when, after good work from Cameron and Sam Fallon, Ryan Barton produced a superb lob which gave the ‘keeper no chance.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn pushed for the equaliser but Rangers caught them out with two late goals to give the result a slightly one-sided look. Melbourn certainly played their part, though, and this was justified by the management awarding all the players Man of the Match awards.
Melbourn U11s: Barton, Carter, Downey, Fallon(C), Goodfellow, Greenaway, Greenwood, Ireland, Lodge, M Morris, J Morris, Ranner, Willis, Windred.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe