Brave Dynamos downed by Rangers
Melbourn Dynamos U11s 1 Bishop’s Stortford Rangers U11s 4
Melbourn Dynamos U11s were unfortunate to go down 4-1 at home to Bishop’s Stortford Rangers.
They put in a brace shift against their opponents and for the first 20 minutes they enjoyed the majority of possession with winger Harry Carter, in particular, looking dangerous but they were unable to turn pressure into goals.
Rangers went ahead with a scrappy goal just before half time and the visitors came out stronger in the second period and doubled their lead with a quick counter attack.
Melbourn pulled a goal back when, after good work from Cameron and Sam Fallon, Ryan Barton produced a superb lob which gave the ‘keeper no chance.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn pushed for the equaliser but Rangers caught them out with two late goals to give the result a slightly one-sided look. Melbourn certainly played their part, though, and this was justified by the management awarding all the players Man of the Match awards.
Melbourn U11s: Barton, Carter, Downey, Fallon(C), Goodfellow, Greenaway, Greenwood, Ireland, Lodge, M Morris, J Morris, Ranner, Willis, Windred.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day