Brave Dynamos downed by Rangers
Melbourn Dynamos U11s 1 Bishop’s Stortford Rangers U11s 4
Melbourn Dynamos U11s were unfortunate to go down 4-1 at home to Bishop’s Stortford Rangers.
They put in a brace shift against their opponents and for the first 20 minutes they enjoyed the majority of possession with winger Harry Carter, in particular, looking dangerous but they were unable to turn pressure into goals.
Rangers went ahead with a scrappy goal just before half time and the visitors came out stronger in the second period and doubled their lead with a quick counter attack.
Melbourn pulled a goal back when, after good work from Cameron and Sam Fallon, Ryan Barton produced a superb lob which gave the ‘keeper no chance.
Melbourn pushed for the equaliser but Rangers caught them out with two late goals to give the result a slightly one-sided look. Melbourn certainly played their part, though, and this was justified by the management awarding all the players Man of the Match awards.
Melbourn U11s: Barton, Carter, Downey, Fallon(C), Goodfellow, Greenaway, Greenwood, Ireland, Lodge, M Morris, J Morris, Ranner, Willis, Windred.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon