Bradley fights for Great Britain
Royston s Bradley Evans will fulfil his dream next week when he represents Great Britain for the first time. The 18-year-old will compete in the World Golden Gloves Championships at the Grand Hinkley Casino in Minnesota from Thursday November 14, where h
Royston's Bradley Evans will fulfil his dream next week when he represents Great Britain for the first time.
The 18-year-old will compete in the World Golden Gloves Championships at the Grand Hinkley Casino in Minnesota from Thursday November 14, where he will face the best from America, Puerto Rico and Ireland.
It is Evans' first international call-up after an impressive few years, and as a result the GB Junior and Junior ABA under-54kg champion said he is proud - and rightly so.
He said: "I was really pleased when I found out that I had been selected, although it took a while for it to hit home!"
Evans who also boxes for Stevenage ABC will compete in the 54kilo weight, a category he has made his own over the last nine months.
"If I box well, then I'm confident I can achieve something. But there is going to be some good boxers over there, so it will be tough," said Evans.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
"It's going to be a good experience and hopefully the start of my Great Britain and England boxing career. This has been a goal of mine for a long time and it seems the hard work is paying off!"
- Evans has also been selected to represent a young England squad that will travel to Dusseldorf to face Germany at the end of the month.