Bradley fights for Great Britain
Royston s Bradley Evans will fulfil his dream next week when he represents Great Britain for the first time. The 18-year-old will compete in the World Golden Gloves Championships at the Grand Hinkley Casino in Minnesota from Thursday November 14, where h
Royston's Bradley Evans will fulfil his dream next week when he represents Great Britain for the first time.
The 18-year-old will compete in the World Golden Gloves Championships at the Grand Hinkley Casino in Minnesota from Thursday November 14, where he will face the best from America, Puerto Rico and Ireland.
It is Evans' first international call-up after an impressive few years, and as a result the GB Junior and Junior ABA under-54kg champion said he is proud - and rightly so.
He said: "I was really pleased when I found out that I had been selected, although it took a while for it to hit home!"
You may also want to watch:
Evans who also boxes for Stevenage ABC will compete in the 54kilo weight, a category he has made his own over the last nine months.
"If I box well, then I'm confident I can achieve something. But there is going to be some good boxers over there, so it will be tough," said Evans.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
"It's going to be a good experience and hopefully the start of my Great Britain and England boxing career. This has been a goal of mine for a long time and it seems the hard work is paying off!"
- Evans has also been selected to represent a young England squad that will travel to Dusseldorf to face Germany at the end of the month.