Bradley fights for Great Britain
Royston s Bradley Evans will fulfil his dream next week when he represents Great Britain for the first time. The 18-year-old will compete in the World Golden Gloves Championships at the Grand Hinkley Casino in Minnesota from Thursday November 14, where h
Royston's Bradley Evans will fulfil his dream next week when he represents Great Britain for the first time.
The 18-year-old will compete in the World Golden Gloves Championships at the Grand Hinkley Casino in Minnesota from Thursday November 14, where he will face the best from America, Puerto Rico and Ireland.
It is Evans' first international call-up after an impressive few years, and as a result the GB Junior and Junior ABA under-54kg champion said he is proud - and rightly so.
He said: "I was really pleased when I found out that I had been selected, although it took a while for it to hit home!"
You may also want to watch:
Evans who also boxes for Stevenage ABC will compete in the 54kilo weight, a category he has made his own over the last nine months.
"If I box well, then I'm confident I can achieve something. But there is going to be some good boxers over there, so it will be tough," said Evans.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
"It's going to be a good experience and hopefully the start of my Great Britain and England boxing career. This has been a goal of mine for a long time and it seems the hard work is paying off!"
- Evans has also been selected to represent a young England squad that will travel to Dusseldorf to face Germany at the end of the month.