Boys on form for Royston Tennis Club
ROYSTON Tennis Club had two boys teams in the County Finals last Sunday at Welwyn Garden City. The under-12 team of Alex Wilson, James Lee, Nathan O Looney and Gus Rees faced Letchworth with James winning his match 2-0 before Gus lost his by the reverse
ROYSTON Tennis Club had two boys' teams in the County Finals last Sunday at Welwyn Garden City.
The under-12 team of Alex Wilson, James Lee, Nathan O'Looney and Gus Rees faced Letchworth with James winning his match 2-0 before Gus lost his by the reverse scoreline.
Alex had the toughest match of the day and lost 2-0 which meant it was all down to Nathan who, despite being under the weather, won his match 10-4 in a tie break following a 1-1 match.
The trophy will be awarded at a ceremony in the near future.
You may also want to watch:
The under-16 team finished third in its competition after losing 4-0 to Brookmans Park in the semi-final before beating Broxbourne 4-0 in the third place play-off.
The team was made up of Lewis Harley, Sam Tobiss, Andrew Betts and Neil Addison.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
The club's ladies' team played its first round in the Cambs Winter League and beat the Buckden first team at home 5-3.
The players were Christine Knight, Pru Burton Emma Daintrey and Karin Lambert.
The men's second team of Roger Maybury, David Addison, John Goodbody and Alan Knight drew its home match against Great Shelford IV.