Boys on form for Royston Tennis Club
ROYSTON Tennis Club had two boys teams in the County Finals last Sunday at Welwyn Garden City. The under-12 team of Alex Wilson, James Lee, Nathan O Looney and Gus Rees faced Letchworth with James winning his match 2-0 before Gus lost his by the reverse
ROYSTON Tennis Club had two boys' teams in the County Finals last Sunday at Welwyn Garden City.
The under-12 team of Alex Wilson, James Lee, Nathan O'Looney and Gus Rees faced Letchworth with James winning his match 2-0 before Gus lost his by the reverse scoreline.
Alex had the toughest match of the day and lost 2-0 which meant it was all down to Nathan who, despite being under the weather, won his match 10-4 in a tie break following a 1-1 match.
The trophy will be awarded at a ceremony in the near future.
You may also want to watch:
The under-16 team finished third in its competition after losing 4-0 to Brookmans Park in the semi-final before beating Broxbourne 4-0 in the third place play-off.
The team was made up of Lewis Harley, Sam Tobiss, Andrew Betts and Neil Addison.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
The club's ladies' team played its first round in the Cambs Winter League and beat the Buckden first team at home 5-3.
The players were Christine Knight, Pru Burton Emma Daintrey and Karin Lambert.
The men's second team of Roger Maybury, David Addison, John Goodbody and Alan Knight drew its home match against Great Shelford IV.