Boys on form for Royston Tennis Club
ROYSTON Tennis Club had two boys teams in the County Finals last Sunday at Welwyn Garden City. The under-12 team of Alex Wilson, James Lee, Nathan O Looney and Gus Rees faced Letchworth with James winning his match 2-0 before Gus lost his by the reverse
ROYSTON Tennis Club had two boys' teams in the County Finals last Sunday at Welwyn Garden City.
The under-12 team of Alex Wilson, James Lee, Nathan O'Looney and Gus Rees faced Letchworth with James winning his match 2-0 before Gus lost his by the reverse scoreline.
Alex had the toughest match of the day and lost 2-0 which meant it was all down to Nathan who, despite being under the weather, won his match 10-4 in a tie break following a 1-1 match.
The trophy will be awarded at a ceremony in the near future.
The under-16 team finished third in its competition after losing 4-0 to Brookmans Park in the semi-final before beating Broxbourne 4-0 in the third place play-off.
The team was made up of Lewis Harley, Sam Tobiss, Andrew Betts and Neil Addison.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
The club's ladies' team played its first round in the Cambs Winter League and beat the Buckden first team at home 5-3.
The players were Christine Knight, Pru Burton Emma Daintrey and Karin Lambert.
The men's second team of Roger Maybury, David Addison, John Goodbody and Alan Knight drew its home match against Great Shelford IV.