Boys on form for Royston Tennis Club
ROYSTON Tennis Club had two boys teams in the County Finals last Sunday at Welwyn Garden City. The under-12 team of Alex Wilson, James Lee, Nathan O Looney and Gus Rees faced Letchworth with James winning his match 2-0 before Gus lost his by the reverse
ROYSTON Tennis Club had two boys' teams in the County Finals last Sunday at Welwyn Garden City.
The under-12 team of Alex Wilson, James Lee, Nathan O'Looney and Gus Rees faced Letchworth with James winning his match 2-0 before Gus lost his by the reverse scoreline.
Alex had the toughest match of the day and lost 2-0 which meant it was all down to Nathan who, despite being under the weather, won his match 10-4 in a tie break following a 1-1 match.
The trophy will be awarded at a ceremony in the near future.
The under-16 team finished third in its competition after losing 4-0 to Brookmans Park in the semi-final before beating Broxbourne 4-0 in the third place play-off.
The team was made up of Lewis Harley, Sam Tobiss, Andrew Betts and Neil Addison.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
The club's ladies' team played its first round in the Cambs Winter League and beat the Buckden first team at home 5-3.
The players were Christine Knight, Pru Burton Emma Daintrey and Karin Lambert.
The men's second team of Roger Maybury, David Addison, John Goodbody and Alan Knight drew its home match against Great Shelford IV.