ROYSTON Boxing Club held its annual event on Saturday. It was a successful day that celebrated both newcomers and returning boxers. Billy Barwais, whose father Karl is an ex-professional boxer and returning coach to the club, stopped his opponent in the s
ROYSTON Boxing Club held its annual event on Saturday.
It was a successful day that celebrated both newcomers and returning boxers.
Billy Barwais, whose father Karl is an ex-professional boxer and returning coach to the club, stopped his opponent in the second round as did Dillon Wade.
Brad Wade, who has just returned to the club, won his bout after a third round stoppage. Ash Noads won with a stunning right hook while heavyweight Matt Cave also knocked his opponent out.
You may also want to watch:
Will Asling, Brad Barnard, Ryan Darcy and Darryl Noads all boxed extremely well in their respective fights.
A club spokesman said: "It was a fantastic day which marked the return of boxers and coaches who had previously left.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
"Chairman Bill Davidson, along with Colin Naigay, have both worked tirelessly for this club, as have Lyndsey Davidson, Tony Hunter and Fiona Hill with vital funding."
n Anyone wishing to join the club should contact Bill Davidson on 01763 221431.