ROYSTON Boxing Club held its annual event on Saturday. It was a successful day that celebrated both newcomers and returning boxers. Billy Barwais, whose father Karl is an ex-professional boxer and returning coach to the club, stopped his opponent in the s
ROYSTON Boxing Club held its annual event on Saturday.
It was a successful day that celebrated both newcomers and returning boxers.
Billy Barwais, whose father Karl is an ex-professional boxer and returning coach to the club, stopped his opponent in the second round as did Dillon Wade.
Brad Wade, who has just returned to the club, won his bout after a third round stoppage. Ash Noads won with a stunning right hook while heavyweight Matt Cave also knocked his opponent out.
You may also want to watch:
Will Asling, Brad Barnard, Ryan Darcy and Darryl Noads all boxed extremely well in their respective fights.
A club spokesman said: "It was a fantastic day which marked the return of boxers and coaches who had previously left.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"Chairman Bill Davidson, along with Colin Naigay, have both worked tirelessly for this club, as have Lyndsey Davidson, Tony Hunter and Fiona Hill with vital funding."
n Anyone wishing to join the club should contact Bill Davidson on 01763 221431.