ROYSTON boxers George Crotty and Levi Raymond have both reached the national final of the NABC Championships after winning their respective semi-final matches at the Edge Leisure Centre in Surrey. Raymond faced Woking ABC s Rhys Murphey in the Class A und
ROYSTON boxers George Crotty and Levi Raymond have both reached the national final of the NABC Championships after winning their respective semi-final matches at the Edge Leisure Centre in Surrey.
Raymond faced Woking ABC's Rhys Murphey in the Class A under-63k catagory.
Although dubbed the underdog before the fight, Raymond was in no mood to lose and took the opener 1-0 after a superb left-hook.
His opponent battled back and the bout swung both ways before Raymond kept his composure to seal victory in the final round to win 3-2.
Three-time national champion Crotty of Willowside Way beat Joe de Santos in the under-66k catagory.
Crotty started strongly and used his superior height and weight to enforce himself on his opponent and race into a 4-1 lead.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
He let his opponent off the hook slightly in the middle of the fight but he took advantage of his lead to eventually seal a comfortable 7-3 victory.
The national finals take place on Saturday, March 20 at Bolton's Reebok Stadium.
Raymond will face Kyle Shaugnessy while Crotty will take on last year's schools champion Nicholas Pemberton.
It will be Raymond's second national final and Crotty's fourth during his career.