ROYSTON boxers George Crotty and Levi Raymond have both reached the national final of the NABC Championships after winning their respective semi-final matches at the Edge Leisure Centre in Surrey. Raymond faced Woking ABC s Rhys Murphey in the Class A und
ROYSTON boxers George Crotty and Levi Raymond have both reached the national final of the NABC Championships after winning their respective semi-final matches at the Edge Leisure Centre in Surrey.
Raymond faced Woking ABC's Rhys Murphey in the Class A under-63k catagory.
Although dubbed the underdog before the fight, Raymond was in no mood to lose and took the opener 1-0 after a superb left-hook.
His opponent battled back and the bout swung both ways before Raymond kept his composure to seal victory in the final round to win 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Three-time national champion Crotty of Willowside Way beat Joe de Santos in the under-66k catagory.
Crotty started strongly and used his superior height and weight to enforce himself on his opponent and race into a 4-1 lead.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
He let his opponent off the hook slightly in the middle of the fight but he took advantage of his lead to eventually seal a comfortable 7-3 victory.
The national finals take place on Saturday, March 20 at Bolton's Reebok Stadium.
Raymond will face Kyle Shaugnessy while Crotty will take on last year's schools champion Nicholas Pemberton.
It will be Raymond's second national final and Crotty's fourth during his career.