ROYSTON boxers George Crotty and Levi Raymond have both reached the national final of the NABC Championships after winning their respective semi-final matches at the Edge Leisure Centre in Surrey. Raymond faced Woking ABC s Rhys Murphey in the Class A und
ROYSTON boxers George Crotty and Levi Raymond have both reached the national final of the NABC Championships after winning their respective semi-final matches at the Edge Leisure Centre in Surrey.
Raymond faced Woking ABC's Rhys Murphey in the Class A under-63k catagory.
Although dubbed the underdog before the fight, Raymond was in no mood to lose and took the opener 1-0 after a superb left-hook.
His opponent battled back and the bout swung both ways before Raymond kept his composure to seal victory in the final round to win 3-2.
Three-time national champion Crotty of Willowside Way beat Joe de Santos in the under-66k catagory.
Crotty started strongly and used his superior height and weight to enforce himself on his opponent and race into a 4-1 lead.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
He let his opponent off the hook slightly in the middle of the fight but he took advantage of his lead to eventually seal a comfortable 7-3 victory.
The national finals take place on Saturday, March 20 at Bolton's Reebok Stadium.
Raymond will face Kyle Shaugnessy while Crotty will take on last year's schools champion Nicholas Pemberton.
It will be Raymond's second national final and Crotty's fourth during his career.