ROYSTON boxers George Crotty and Levi Raymond have both reached the national final of the NABC Championships after winning their respective semi-final matches at the Edge Leisure Centre in Surrey. Raymond faced Woking ABC s Rhys Murphey in the Class A und
ROYSTON boxers George Crotty and Levi Raymond have both reached the national final of the NABC Championships after winning their respective semi-final matches at the Edge Leisure Centre in Surrey.
Raymond faced Woking ABC's Rhys Murphey in the Class A under-63k catagory.
Although dubbed the underdog before the fight, Raymond was in no mood to lose and took the opener 1-0 after a superb left-hook.
His opponent battled back and the bout swung both ways before Raymond kept his composure to seal victory in the final round to win 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Three-time national champion Crotty of Willowside Way beat Joe de Santos in the under-66k catagory.
Crotty started strongly and used his superior height and weight to enforce himself on his opponent and race into a 4-1 lead.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
He let his opponent off the hook slightly in the middle of the fight but he took advantage of his lead to eventually seal a comfortable 7-3 victory.
The national finals take place on Saturday, March 20 at Bolton's Reebok Stadium.
Raymond will face Kyle Shaugnessy while Crotty will take on last year's schools champion Nicholas Pemberton.
It will be Raymond's second national final and Crotty's fourth during his career.