ROYSTON Bowls Club entertained a side from Northampton in the annual friendly match between the two clubs on Saturday, and went down 125-114. The event has now been transformed from six to seven rinks in order to accommodate the 56 bowlers wishing to play
ROYSTON Bowls Club entertained a side from Northampton in the annual friendly match between the two clubs on Saturday, and went down 125-114.
The event has now been transformed from six to seven rinks in order to accommodate the 56 bowlers wishing to play.
- Royston's B team played the Croxley Guild BC of Rickmansworth in the National Club 2x4 competition on Sunday.
Royston were unable to prevent a strong Croxley team from winning 52 shots to 26.
You may also want to watch:
- North Watford BC came to Royston on Sunday in the National Top Club Competition.
It was a closely-contested match which Royston won 88-68, winning both singles games and the triples.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- In other games over the weekend, Royston lost to Letchworth and District 106-77 in a friendly match. The format was 6 rinks of triples.
In the North Herts Inter-club League between Royston and the Letchworth Conservatives, Royston won 81-13 in a one-sided affair.
Royston also won their Meldreth and District League game, beating Comberton 56- 36.