ROYSTON Bowls Club entertained a side from Northampton in the annual friendly match between the two clubs on Saturday, and went down 125-114. The event has now been transformed from six to seven rinks in order to accommodate the 56 bowlers wishing to play
ROYSTON Bowls Club entertained a side from Northampton in the annual friendly match between the two clubs on Saturday, and went down 125-114.
The event has now been transformed from six to seven rinks in order to accommodate the 56 bowlers wishing to play.
- Royston's B team played the Croxley Guild BC of Rickmansworth in the National Club 2x4 competition on Sunday.
Royston were unable to prevent a strong Croxley team from winning 52 shots to 26.
You may also want to watch:
- North Watford BC came to Royston on Sunday in the National Top Club Competition.
It was a closely-contested match which Royston won 88-68, winning both singles games and the triples.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
- In other games over the weekend, Royston lost to Letchworth and District 106-77 in a friendly match. The format was 6 rinks of triples.
In the North Herts Inter-club League between Royston and the Letchworth Conservatives, Royston won 81-13 in a one-sided affair.
Royston also won their Meldreth and District League game, beating Comberton 56- 36.