Bowls Club raise £800 for president’s charity
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club’s tour to Devon raised £800 for club president Michael O’Flanagan’s chosen charity Papworth Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit.
The amount was raised via tour games and internal club fines for “misdemeanours” such as missed shots.
In competition, they defeated Torbay Bowls Club by 112 shots on their opening day, over nine rinks.
The following day, there was a split location with four rinks played at Paignton Bowls Club where several Royston members narrowly lost by two shots,
Five games were also played at Paignton Torbay Club and Royston prevailed by one shot.
The final day again saw the club split between two venues. Four rinks were played at Teignmouth Bowls Club, positioned on the sea front. Royston came out on top again, 78 shots to 69.
The other group also prevailed at Newton Abbot, winning 113-76.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 2 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 3 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
On the journey home, Royston stopped off at Wokingham, Berkshire, coming away with a narrow 160-156 victory.