Bowls Club raise £800 for president’s charity
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club’s tour to Devon raised £800 for club president Michael O’Flanagan’s chosen charity Papworth Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit.
The amount was raised via tour games and internal club fines for “misdemeanours” such as missed shots.
In competition, they defeated Torbay Bowls Club by 112 shots on their opening day, over nine rinks.
The following day, there was a split location with four rinks played at Paignton Bowls Club where several Royston members narrowly lost by two shots,
Five games were also played at Paignton Torbay Club and Royston prevailed by one shot.
You may also want to watch:
The final day again saw the club split between two venues. Four rinks were played at Teignmouth Bowls Club, positioned on the sea front. Royston came out on top again, 78 shots to 69.
The other group also prevailed at Newton Abbot, winning 113-76.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
On the journey home, Royston stopped off at Wokingham, Berkshire, coming away with a narrow 160-156 victory.