Bowls Club raise £800 for president’s charity
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club’s tour to Devon raised £800 for club president Michael O’Flanagan’s chosen charity Papworth Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit.
The amount was raised via tour games and internal club fines for “misdemeanours” such as missed shots.
In competition, they defeated Torbay Bowls Club by 112 shots on their opening day, over nine rinks.
The following day, there was a split location with four rinks played at Paignton Bowls Club where several Royston members narrowly lost by two shots,
Five games were also played at Paignton Torbay Club and Royston prevailed by one shot.
You may also want to watch:
The final day again saw the club split between two venues. Four rinks were played at Teignmouth Bowls Club, positioned on the sea front. Royston came out on top again, 78 shots to 69.
The other group also prevailed at Newton Abbot, winning 113-76.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
On the journey home, Royston stopped off at Wokingham, Berkshire, coming away with a narrow 160-156 victory.