Bowls club present charity cheque
ROYSTON Bowls Club has presented more than £2,500 to the Milton Childrens Hospice. The money was given to the charity, which has been Lady President Eunice Dockree s charity of 2008, at the club's annual dinner dance held at the British Legion Hall and o
ROYSTON Bowls Club has presented more than £2,500 to the Milton Childrens' Hospice.
The money was given to the charity, which has been Lady President Eunice Dockree's charity of 2008, at the club's annual dinner dance held at the British Legion Hall and organised by Don Sheriff and his daughter Christine.
The hospice was presented with a cheque for £2,416 which had been collected throughout the summer season plus a further £100 which had been collected in the evening's raffle.
The money will go towards providing care for the children at the hospice and their families.
You may also want to watch:
* The club appointed Will Martin as the new president at its annual AGM, and Mr Martin has said the Royston division of MAGPAS will be his charity for 2009.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s