Bowls club present charity cheque
ROYSTON Bowls Club has presented more than £2,500 to the Milton Childrens Hospice. The money was given to the charity, which has been Lady President Eunice Dockree s charity of 2008, at the club's annual dinner dance held at the British Legion Hall and o
ROYSTON Bowls Club has presented more than £2,500 to the Milton Childrens' Hospice.
The money was given to the charity, which has been Lady President Eunice Dockree's charity of 2008, at the club's annual dinner dance held at the British Legion Hall and organised by Don Sheriff and his daughter Christine.
The hospice was presented with a cheque for £2,416 which had been collected throughout the summer season plus a further £100 which had been collected in the evening's raffle.
The money will go towards providing care for the children at the hospice and their families.
You may also want to watch:
* The club appointed Will Martin as the new president at its annual AGM, and Mr Martin has said the Royston division of MAGPAS will be his charity for 2009.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony