Bourn win again away from home
Manuden Juniors U11s 3 Bassingbourn U11s 7
Bassingbourn U11s hit another seven goals on their travels as they beat Manuden Juniors 7-3 to keep up the pressure on early pace-setters Royston.
Two excellent corners led to goals from defenders Joe Failletiaz and Ben Sams before Matt Sutton volleyed home from the edge of the area.
Good pressure from George French then gave Bassingbourn a 4-0 half time lead.
It was a lead that Bourn would be glad of because Manuden came back well in the second period, scoring three times and if it was not for some excellent play from the defensive line of Cauldwell, Failletiaz, Sams and Sinfield as well as some fine saves from Charlie Catton, the lead could have been wiped out.
You may also want to watch:
As it was, some good wide play and two lovely goals from Jack Durman and a poacher’s finish from Andy Jones gave the visitors another great away win.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash