Bourn win again away from home
Manuden Juniors U11s 3 Bassingbourn U11s 7
Bassingbourn U11s hit another seven goals on their travels as they beat Manuden Juniors 7-3 to keep up the pressure on early pace-setters Royston.
Two excellent corners led to goals from defenders Joe Failletiaz and Ben Sams before Matt Sutton volleyed home from the edge of the area.
Good pressure from George French then gave Bassingbourn a 4-0 half time lead.
It was a lead that Bourn would be glad of because Manuden came back well in the second period, scoring three times and if it was not for some excellent play from the defensive line of Cauldwell, Failletiaz, Sams and Sinfield as well as some fine saves from Charlie Catton, the lead could have been wiped out.
You may also want to watch:
As it was, some good wide play and two lovely goals from Jack Durman and a poacher’s finish from Andy Jones gave the visitors another great away win.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe