Bourn unable to hold off Knebworth
Bassingbourn 1 Knebworth 6 Under-11s Division Two BASSINGBOURN came up against a very determined Knebworth team who took the lead when the hosts failed to clear their lines. Knebworth s passing and movement caused numerous problems for Bourn s defence and
Bassingbourn 1 Knebworth 6
Under-11s Division Two
BASSINGBOURN came up against a very determined Knebworth team who took the lead when the hosts failed to clear their lines.
Knebworth's passing and movement caused numerous problems for Bourn's defence and the half time saw the home team 2-0 down.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with a number of home players playing in different positions due to injury to key defenders notably Tom King slotting in at left defence and Tom Harrington moved to centre defence.
Goalkeeper John Dix made a number of good saves to keep Bourn in the match.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
A flowing movement from defence to midfield saw James Sharp pick up the ball and he lashed in a shot which dipped over the goalkeeper and into the roof of the net to bring Bourn back into the game.
James Ashton put in some strong tackles in the centre of defence and the second half was evenly poised.
However Knebworth got a third and as Bourn tired they knocked in three further goals to give them a comfortable 6-1 win.