Bourn unable to hold off Knebworth
Bassingbourn 1 Knebworth 6 Under-11s Division Two BASSINGBOURN came up against a very determined Knebworth team who took the lead when the hosts failed to clear their lines. Knebworth s passing and movement caused numerous problems for Bourn s defence and
Bassingbourn 1 Knebworth 6
Under-11s Division Two
BASSINGBOURN came up against a very determined Knebworth team who took the lead when the hosts failed to clear their lines.
Knebworth's passing and movement caused numerous problems for Bourn's defence and the half time saw the home team 2-0 down.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with a number of home players playing in different positions due to injury to key defenders notably Tom King slotting in at left defence and Tom Harrington moved to centre defence.
Goalkeeper John Dix made a number of good saves to keep Bourn in the match.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
A flowing movement from defence to midfield saw James Sharp pick up the ball and he lashed in a shot which dipped over the goalkeeper and into the roof of the net to bring Bourn back into the game.
James Ashton put in some strong tackles in the centre of defence and the second half was evenly poised.
However Knebworth got a third and as Bourn tired they knocked in three further goals to give them a comfortable 6-1 win.