Bourn unable to hold off Knebworth
Bassingbourn 1 Knebworth 6 Under-11s Division Two BASSINGBOURN came up against a very determined Knebworth team who took the lead when the hosts failed to clear their lines. Knebworth s passing and movement caused numerous problems for Bourn s defence and
Bassingbourn 1 Knebworth 6
Under-11s Division Two
BASSINGBOURN came up against a very determined Knebworth team who took the lead when the hosts failed to clear their lines.
Knebworth's passing and movement caused numerous problems for Bourn's defence and the half time saw the home team 2-0 down.
The second half started with a number of home players playing in different positions due to injury to key defenders notably Tom King slotting in at left defence and Tom Harrington moved to centre defence.
Goalkeeper John Dix made a number of good saves to keep Bourn in the match.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 3 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 4 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
A flowing movement from defence to midfield saw James Sharp pick up the ball and he lashed in a shot which dipped over the goalkeeper and into the roof of the net to bring Bourn back into the game.
James Ashton put in some strong tackles in the centre of defence and the second half was evenly poised.
However Knebworth got a third and as Bourn tired they knocked in three further goals to give them a comfortable 6-1 win.