Bourn unable to hold off Knebworth
Bassingbourn 1 Knebworth 6 Under-11s Division Two BASSINGBOURN came up against a very determined Knebworth team who took the lead when the hosts failed to clear their lines. Knebworth s passing and movement caused numerous problems for Bourn s defence and
Bassingbourn 1 Knebworth 6
Under-11s Division Two
BASSINGBOURN came up against a very determined Knebworth team who took the lead when the hosts failed to clear their lines.
Knebworth's passing and movement caused numerous problems for Bourn's defence and the half time saw the home team 2-0 down.
The second half started with a number of home players playing in different positions due to injury to key defenders notably Tom King slotting in at left defence and Tom Harrington moved to centre defence.
Goalkeeper John Dix made a number of good saves to keep Bourn in the match.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 3 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 9 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
A flowing movement from defence to midfield saw James Sharp pick up the ball and he lashed in a shot which dipped over the goalkeeper and into the roof of the net to bring Bourn back into the game.
James Ashton put in some strong tackles in the centre of defence and the second half was evenly poised.
However Knebworth got a third and as Bourn tired they knocked in three further goals to give them a comfortable 6-1 win.