Bourn sunk by Arrowheads
Bassingbourn U12s 2 Austin Arrowheads U12s 3
BASSINGBOURN U12s went down 3-2 at home to Austin Arrowheads after fielding a depleted side due to players missing.
Bassingbourn were forced to rearrange their team with Jack Logan filling in at centre back and Cameron MacGillivray at right back with both players putting in admirable performances. Arrowheads crowded the midfield where Olly Johnson and Billy Botha battled hard all game and it was Johnson who finally put Bassingbourn into the lead midway through the first half. Arrowheads responded well and pulled two goals back and went into half time 2-1 up.
In the second half Bassingbourn were the better side and a through ball from Matt Tiffin set Michael Hicks through one-on-one the ‘keeper to grab the equaliser.
Bassingbourn continued to press forward looking for the winner and Max Logan was brought down in the box after a surging run earn a penalty. Logan took the penalty himself but despite striking the ball well it cannoned off the cross bar and went over for a goal kick.
You may also want to watch:
Arrowheads made one last counter attack from which they grabbed the winner to bring a disappointing end to a match in which the home side will feel they deserved something from.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes