Bourn sunk by Arrowheads
Bassingbourn U12s 2 Austin Arrowheads U12s 3
BASSINGBOURN U12s went down 3-2 at home to Austin Arrowheads after fielding a depleted side due to players missing.
Bassingbourn were forced to rearrange their team with Jack Logan filling in at centre back and Cameron MacGillivray at right back with both players putting in admirable performances. Arrowheads crowded the midfield where Olly Johnson and Billy Botha battled hard all game and it was Johnson who finally put Bassingbourn into the lead midway through the first half. Arrowheads responded well and pulled two goals back and went into half time 2-1 up.
In the second half Bassingbourn were the better side and a through ball from Matt Tiffin set Michael Hicks through one-on-one the ‘keeper to grab the equaliser.
Bassingbourn continued to press forward looking for the winner and Max Logan was brought down in the box after a surging run earn a penalty. Logan took the penalty himself but despite striking the ball well it cannoned off the cross bar and went over for a goal kick.
You may also want to watch:
Arrowheads made one last counter attack from which they grabbed the winner to bring a disappointing end to a match in which the home side will feel they deserved something from.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford